Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd really wants a KO, so who else to fight but Amir Khan to satisfy casual boxing fans with KO/TKO. I might not even watch this fight if it happens. I use to be a fan of Khan's but he has really let me down.

Comment

I'll watch this fight and I think Khan's speed could genuinely give Floyd problems... within the first five rounds or so. After that I think Floyd basically has Khan figured out and begins landing those counter rights at will.

IMO to make this fight a true seller Khan needs a credible win first, as it stands the only thing suggesting he could possibly win is is hand-speed, everything else from his recent showing against Diaz to his KO losses to Garcia and Prescott suggest he'll get dominated.

Comment

This is a horrible fight, Khan has no momentum going into this fight. I know that boxing is a business and you have to maximize your earnings but this would be a shame if this gets done.

As curious I would be to watch unless this is supported by a solid undercard I won't be buying this.

Comment

Any chance Khan had of winning is all gone.
          I always thought he could rack up points with his activity and flurries against Floyd, especially as he got older...... look what canelo could do.
          Now that he's not with Roach, he'll probably think he can outbox Floyd.

Comment

If Khan doesnt take a pay off...we may see a good fight. It seems that Floyd picks the ones who are money hungry and coming off of lame pay days!

Comment

Give it a few months and they'll have you believing this is the fight to be made, the best possible one out there, and they'll have you convinced that Khan is a beast. The years of calling him a weak chinned bum don't count all of the sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                Give it a few months and they'll have you believing this is the fight to be made, the best possible one out there, and they'll have you convinced that Khan is a beast. The years of calling him a weak chinned bum don't count all of the sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  If Khan doesnt take a pay off...we may see a good fight. It seems that Floyd picks the ones who are money hungry and coming off of lame pay days!
                  now you got Floyds prospective opponents taking payoffs? Is there no end to your ignorance? Do you lay awake at night dreaming up this shyt?

Comment

The business of boxing wins again, the fans get ko'd and the Floyd groupies will luv every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      The business of boxing wins again, the fans get ko'd and the Floyd groupies will luv every minute of it.
                      Floyd Khan is a crap fight. That said, the majority of posters seem to think floyd beats everyone form 140-154. If the outcome is already determined than of course TMT/GBP/CBS are going to go with the fight that makes the most money.

If this were the 70's or 80's. FLoyd v Khan wouldn't be the bigger grossing fight, floyd v tim or floyd v lara or floyd v danny-better opponents but with a lower profile-would surely generate more interest. We'd have seen tim and lara on wide world of sports, and CBS sat/sun afternoon fights regularly and would know them better.

Its the ppv era and stars sell ppvs. Tyson Mcneely sold more than a tyson in with better people. I bet more than 2 times the number of people purchased floyd v ghost than did tim v JMM.

You can't escape the reality of the times.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-18-2013, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X