Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
    It already is big in U S A

Millions in the streets..

Top Celebs.. and President drooling over Timmeh Howard and the USMNT..

Highest viewing figures on TV,,,

The Takeover is already in full swing my friend

"soccer" is already bigger then boxing in the usa (you know this forum you vist) what's next? baseball

Even Kobe was going to Brazil to watch the greatest show on earth
    America loves the world cup. They also love the Olympics. Thats why every successful female gymnast turns into Americas sweetheart every 4 years, guys like Michael Phelps get worshipped.

But once it's over it's over. The hype doesn't carry into regular events or games.

Comment

The US already had the highest amount of U-12's playing football on earth. Those kids just need to keep on playing.

The threadstarter is the type that would change his tune if they actually became a threat at world cup. Which they will.....eventually.

Just get on board anyway. The whole world thinks the USA is weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        The US already had the highest amount of U-12's playing football on earth. Those kids just need to keep on playing.

The threadstarter is the type that would change his tune if they actually became a threat at world cup. Which they will.....eventually.

It will take a monumental shift to stop the American football and basketball and baseball coaches from snatching those kids playing football the second they reach high school. As it stands now, that won't happen any time soon. Any kid of any real talent is pushed towards one of those sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
          I mean really?

"oh best ratings ever" (hmm guess you forgot we has similar ratings in 2010 vs Spain.

"oh soccer will be huge here soon" (ya let's see those MLS ratings.)

"oh soccer"(I ran out of things to say but I will continue below)

Listen the world cup is awesome and soccer can be fun.... But when and only when it brings out the nationalists in us. Like the Olympics. People love the Olympics.... Swimming, sprints, gymnaasts, and ice skating.... You couldn't find that **** on tv if you wanted to outside the Olympics. Just like you can't find the MLS on tv.

I don't have any problem with soccer becoming big. If it did it does, and the hype behind it might make it fun to watch. Soccer is not fun unless their is some meaning behind the game. Americans have really let nationalistic pride hit the wayside in the last couple of decades... So when we get a chance to get all nationalistic for a few weeks every couple of years, we take it.

MLS ratings will not improve. Soccer won't be picked up in all the colleges and high schools it doesn't exist in, and women will continue to play it at a high rate while no one watches.

Ratings will be huge in the world cup 4 years from now and this will all happen again.
          i agree with everything except the idea that football (yes, football not soccer) isnt big already. not only is football big, its the biggest sport in the world.

the main point is right though, americans are highly nationalistic and thats why the cup got so big in the states while football on a club level isnt going to. football will grow in the states, but only gradually.

it doesnt need to get big in the states though, its already the biggest sport in the world. nobody really gives a **** if real football catches on in america or not because it doesnt matter.

Comment

it's all middle class, ***** kids. it's popularity is due to it being looked at as a safe alternative for football.

the youth leagues don't even keep score. it's basically a way for mothers to continue breastfeeding their 10 year olds.

our best athlets come from poor areas in the south. they have these huge high schools that do nothing but produce great athletes. florida and texas, per capita, produce more great athletes than any place else in america. they;re also huge states, with a ton of people.

Comment

Came home, and somebody musta broke in the back window
              and stole two loaded machine guns and both of my trenchcoats
              Sick sick dreams of picnic scenes, two kids, sixteen
              with M-16's and ten clips each
              And them ****s reach through six kids each
              And Slim gets blamed in Bill Clint's speech to fix these streets?
              **** THAT! PBBT! Tou ******s can vanish to volcanic ash
              and re-appear in hell with a can of gas, AND a match
              Aftermath, Dre, grab the gat, show 'em where it's at
              (What the **** you starin at, *****?)

Comment

Soccer IS mostly all about Nationalism in Europe too. Even their 'League' games bring out the hooligans. I don't think it's ever been about pure entertainment, and the sport itself being entertaining.

Comment

I like the world cup. Always have. Don't let my ****ing about with the brits fool you. I'd just not going to translate into mls popularity. That's just reality.

Comment

Working...
                  X