Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Standards Reguarding The Destruction Of GERALD McCLELLAN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
    Very true, but that idiot commentator didn't think so at the time. Later, he realized McClennen was injured.
    Ricky hatton did the same to tzu remember? lol it was the only way he could win.

Comment

• Gerald was he victim of rabbit punching, and a terrible ref who allowed that **** to happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Gerald was he victim of rabbit punching, and a terrible ref who allowed that **** to happen...
        The commentators were even worse.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks Gerald quit or went down on purpose looking for a ay out does not know boxing. The man had a terrible brain injury, and did not know what was going on when the ref let them continue. Benn to this day thinks that he did that damage legally. The ref in that fight I don't think ever refereed another fight.
          Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 06-13-2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• On every clinch, he was hitting G-man hard as hell with rabbit punches. Benn was allowed to do this over and over and over...

Comment

On every clinch, he was hitting G-man hard as hell with rabbit punches. Benn was allowed to do this over and over and over...
              will you mock victor ortiz? (remember: double standards)

Comment

• Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
                will you mock victor ortiz? (remember: double standards)
                I don't mock fighters. Fans know when a guy wants out...when that fighter knows he can't win, or when to quit, not fans who don't fight.

Comment

I don't mock fighters. Fans know when a guy wants out...when that fighter knows he can't win, or when to quit, not fans who don't fight.
                  I was not using this question to attack you, I was just illustrating the principle of double standards.

Comment

@hitman:

So are you basically saying that Gerald doesn't have the mental capacity to pull stunts/quit professionally?

Also I just figured out I way Cintron would have quit at 3:00.
                    McClellan was a rare breed of fighter. One of the few who truly believed that he would rather die than lose.

I am saying the thought to quit, never once, not even for a second entered his mind. I am sure until the final moments he was thinking, "Something isn't right, I gotta knock this m*ther****er out and get out of here." I don't think he ever entertained the idea of quitting.

Cintron is the polar opposite.

He mentally folded against Margarito, collapsed in a bizarre scene after beating Feliciano, faked his way out of a knockout against Martinez and jumped out the ring against Williams.

Any one of those could be forgiven, but taken as a whole you'd have to be an idiot to think it's just a coincidence.

Just think about if that version of McClellan fought Cintron.... how long would it take Cintron's ass to pole vault out of the ring and into the 10th row?

Comment

Ok then watch this video and then try telling me that they have "twin" characteristics:

Why would I give a damn about seeing a highlights of fights I saw in their entirety? Because there is gay music in the background?

Comment

Working...
                      X