Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the greatest lightweight of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    What is your take on Joe Gans my friend?
    A great, great fighter and I have him at #4 all-time. Truth is, among Duran, Leonard, Whitaker, and Gans a good argument can be made for any of them being the best all-time Lightweight.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      A great, great fighter and I have him at #4 all-time. Truth is, among Duran, Leonard, Whitaker, and Gans a good argument can be made for any of them being the best all-time Lightweight.

Poet
      I'm glad you included Whitaker, in the mix of discussions. He's not really brought up amongst all-time great lightweights that much. He definitely had the skills to compete with all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalty View Post
        I'm glad you included Whitaker, in the mix of discussions. He's not really brought up amongst all-time great lightweights that much. He definitely had the skills to compete with all of them.
        I rate fighters in the weight class where they were at their best and for Whitaker that was Lightweight. Sweet Pea was a GREAT fighter who rarely lost a ROUND when he was at his peak.

Poet

Comment

where would you put mayweather and mosley at lightweight they were both legit beasts between 130-140

Comment

Roberto Duran

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
              Originally posted by Royalty View Post

I can also justify having all in the 1 spot for different reasons. Another great fighter who's name should be mentioned with these guys is Carlos Ortiz.

Comment

Too bad Pernell Whitaker didn't spend more time at LW.

At least he didn't waste any time unifying and had several defenses while undisputed.

Comment

Working...
                X