No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-Brook Negotiations Have Begun, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdultAbuse View Post
    As unfair as it would be to Jojo, i wish it were possible to pay him to go fck off so we can see Khan vs Brook. With Ramadan coming in June Brook would have to go straight back to training camp almost immediately after his fight if they're trying to get this done in the summer.
    yea give jojo the postol treatment, no one will get hurt, he'll get paid without getting punched, we all live happily ever after and he'll get a shot soon enough....

Comment

I don't think its happening in June to be fair, its just too early, Hearns being a bit greedy and trying to hurry a wembley date as he has no other big fights to show. He has promised Sky sports a big wembley date again so he's under pressure to provide this and Khan-Brook is the only way he can do that so far. I think it's either going to happen in December or next year in May, this is what Khan has also said. The fight will happen but just not during the summer of this year. The only possibility of this fight happening is if Brook comes out unscathed against Jo Jo Dan and Khan doesn't get Marquez, Cotto or Bradley in May-June. Personally I think its too early, let Khan fight Bradley or Cotto and Brook fight Marquez, then they face later on this year or in summer next year in Wembley.

As for the fight prediction: I think Brook struggles to make 147 and he tends to balloon up in weight in between fights. So taking that into account, his leg injury and his lack of experience at top world level fights I think he'll find the occasion and Khans speed just too much to handle regardless of his timing. You can't time that sort of speed unless you punch with Khan and that's not something Brook does or has done before, also I don't think he has one punch power to get Khan out of there. Brook usually gets opponents out of there through accumulation of punches and I don't see Khan taking that sort of accumulation under Hunters guidance. He'll spoil, hold, keep range, take a round of if he has to. So in the end I see Khan winning by a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
        Yeah, I can see it now. Brook beats JoJo and instead of negotiating with Khan ,he will wait for the megafight result and test the waters and see if May or Pac will fight him. That wouldn't be dumb either.
        That would be ******ed.

Comment

Would have prefered the fight to happen after Brook had a few well known names on his belt but let it be so.

Khan UD comfortbly

Comment

Khan hasn't lost many rounds, has he?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              Yeah, I can see it now. Brook beats JoJo and instead of negotiating with Khan ,he will wait for the megafight result and test the waters and see if May or Pac will fight him. That wouldn't be dumb either.
              that would be nice, keep khan on the back burner

Comment

I would have liked to see Brook get a fight in to test that leg and put that behind him but Khan won't always be available for Brook so it is something he has to take.

Solid fight though and very big across the pond.

Comment

Khan cannot win this unless he knocks out Brook. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Taking into consideration the winner will have a great chance of getting May or Pac, the money involved, or a possible rematch. There is absolutely no way Eddie Hearn or the "judges" will allow Khan to walk away with that belt without a KO.

Lets be real boxing is money and is corrupt as... cant forget Burns vs Beltran or Froch vs Groves 1 card.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Something like 2 weeks after his win against Porter.
                    I see. Well nevermind my troll post. Hopefully Khan/Brook gets made, and... I actually would want Khan to win that fight. I don't like him but Brook holds way, way too much and even if Khan isn't very good he puts on good fights. Well, he used to with Roach we'll see what happens when he doesn't face guys he's supposed to beat with ease.

Comment

It's not too soon for the fight to happen. June is a while away and Khan said he wanted to fight in May anyway.

The only reason it wouldn't happen is if Khan gets a name in America like Bradley or Marquez.

Otherwise there's no excuse really.

Comment

Working...
                      X