Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your call on the Chaves vs Rios fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaves was winning and that stoppage was bull****.

Comment

The DQ was wrong in my opinion.
      Close fight, i had Chavez up.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
        I don't agree with the result, the official scorecards had Chaves winning too.

For me its a clear screwjob in favour of Rios and that ref needs to suffer serious dehydration from severe diarrhoea.

Slapped a poll up for your votes.
        I live in New Mexico and I am ashamed at how often these good fighters from other countries are coming to Las Vegas expecting fair treatment only to get robbed and fuked over. The USA is getting just as bad as the UK and Germany. Chavez was winning a close rough fight and did nothing that he deserved to be DQed for. Vargas lost a close fight in my opinion. He didn't win by a country mile the way the score cards said he did. I hope they don't DQ Kovalev for hitting Hopkins too hard.

Comment

i wasn't paying much attention to the score keeping, but i do believe i had rios ahead

have to rewatch

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Chaves was winning and that stoppage was bull****.
            He was warned before that he was flirting with a DQ too, Chaves should've stopped clinching and finish the fight dont you think

Comment

Chaves was winning? Maybe a fight with the judge lol... Rios was coming on strong at time of the stoppage and Chaves in my eyes was looking for the judge everytime Rios got close. Good fight though. Why not a rematch?

Comment

Comment

Winning or losing it makes no difference! Chaves initiated two handed clinches continuously stopping the flow of the fight. He "laced" Rios twice and purposely dragged him down in a tumble. He was fouling him all night and was hoping to get Rios mad and forget about fighting out of a boxing style and just brawl. It working but Chaves got carried away and deserved the DQ to me.

Funny thing about it if he had focus he could have out boxed Rios easily and won but he wasn't smart enough to it!

Rios needs to stop boxing, its as simple as that!
                  He is a tough kid but he's a club fighter level guy. That's it!

Ray

Comment

vic draculich always does a terrible job. the second they introduced him i was like "noooooooooo". not just because he sucks i general but because this is exactly the kind of matchup he cant handle.

he just never manages to get fighters respect, he has bad eyes and misses just about everything. then when things start to unravel he panics and make bad calls trying to establish that he is in charge, but all he establishes is he doesnt know what he is doing.

right away i felt like there was a good chance this was going to go badly as a result. once both fighters started to complain i knew he wasnt going to be able to restore any kind of order and i could see it turning into a circus a mile away.

how this guy keeps getting work is beyond me. we know why laurence cole does but whats the deal with this clown?

Comment

Fight is different with a better ref

The Ref made it about HIM and not the fighters, that 1st deduction from Chaves just basically setup a reason to DQ Chaves early. Ref late reaction and not getting to the fighters quick enough to break and keep things clean is what allowed things to get dirty inside. If you see BOTH (not just Chaves but BOTH) fighters getting dirty inside then maybe you should get to them early to avoid the extra unnecessary stuff inside

Chaves is CLEARLY THE BETTER FIGHTER despite a "LOSS" being added to his record because I thought he was winning the fight and you take away the Refs deductions and he is probably up even bigger on the cards. He was blasting the **** out of Rios was some big shots, to Rios credit he took them well but Chaves was the better fighter in that ring despite the outcome.

3 Losses in a row would have basically put a end to Rios's career so I am sure that probably played a factor but to Rios credit he was honest and admitted that he did not fight well but regardless the DQ was BS. But if I am Rios fans yes I would blame it all on Chaves and be happy my guy did not suffer his 3rd Straight Loss

Comment

Working...
                      X