No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Gary Russell Jr. is Another Al Haymon Investion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats To Gary Russell Jr.

When people just RANDOMLY START TO HATE ON YOU...that means they see you as a SERIOUS THREAT and Arum is making EXCUSES AHEAD OF TIME TO KEEP HIS FIGHTERS FAR AWAY FROM RUSSELL JR. and I can't blame him

Russell Jr is not bothering anybody, the dude is just working hard and working his way up the Ranks the OLD FASHION WAY! Oh I get it, SOME people hate him now because he said he is better then Gamboa and Lopez...RIGHT? lol

I have no hard feelings toward him for thinking that he is better then Gamboa and Lopez....HE SHOULD FEEL THAT WAY! If you don't have that confidence in yourself then you need to just go ahead and retire from Boxing and find a new profession, I don't know maybe he can spend his time on boxing forums talking **** about PRO FIGHTERS like some of these LOSERS DO ALL DAY lol

Arum is mad because Haymon has so much Power with HBO and can get his fighters TV TIME and Good Money

I am a fan of young Gary Russell Jr., Gamboa is my boy, but I see this kid being a LEGIT THREAT VERY SOON even though some don't want to admit it or believe it...so they will start to hate on Russell Jr for no reason as well
    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 08-30-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Arum right. Gary is a prospect as of right now. He hasn't fought anybody yet. He throws one flashy combination and people are so quick to give him props because hes black and american.

I'm not saying he wont be a good fighter but hes hasnt fought anybody yet.
      No, they [boxing fans] give him props because he's been a talent since he started off in amateurs in DC. Nothing wrong with a prospect getting some good press, it's not a new thing. If you don't like Russell, save face.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        I see nothing special in gary
        I see nothing special in Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          Congrats To Gary Russell Jr.

When people just RANDOMLY START TO HATE ON YOU...that means they see you as a SERIOUS THREAT and Arum is making EXCUSES AHEAD OF TIME TO KEEP HIS FIGHTERS FAR AWAY FROM RUSSELL JR. and I can't blame him

Russell Jr is not bothering anybody, the dude is just working hard and working his way up the Ranks the OLD FASHION WAY! Oh I get it, SOME people hate him now because he said he is better then Gamboa and Lopez...RIGHT? lol

I have no hard feelings toward him for thinking that he is better then Gamboa and Lopez....HE SHOULD FEEL THAT WAY! If you don't have that confidence in yourself then you need to just go ahead and retire from Boxing and find a new profession, I don't know maybe he can spend his time on boxing forums talking **** about PRO FIGHTERS like some of these LOSERS DO ALL DAY lol

Arum is mad because Haymon has so much Power with HBO and can get his fighters TV TIME and Good Money

I am a fan of young Gary Russell Jr., Gamboa is my boy, but I see this kid being a LEGIT THREAT VERY SOON even though some don't want to admit it or believe it...so they will start to hate on Russell Jr for no reason as well
          Stellar post!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            The undefeated featherweight, Garry Russell Jr. received some free publicity on Monday when promoter Bob Arum called the former U.S. Olympian just “another Al Haymon invention” during a conference call on Monday. [Click Here To Read More]
            WTF Arum you mindless moron ?

Perhaps you should familiarise yourself with GRj before talking **** ?

You sure-as-hell better familiarise yourself with him before you enter into negotiations to match him with one of your boys.

Comment

This is one of the best young prospects in the sport along with Benavidez, but since he isn't with Top Rank Bob has to crap all over him.

Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Gutierrez View Post
                I feel very sorry for that kid if he is Al Haymon's friend. Remember that old saying "TELL ME WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE AND I WILL YOU TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE".

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                  To be honest I'm not too impressed with Gary Russell.

Now his younger brother Gary Antonio Russell is another story. Outside of Rau'shee Warren, that kid is the closest thing I have ever seen to Roy Jones Jr. and will be way better than his older brother.

The younger one is faster, has better reflexes and isn't as stiff as his older brother.
                  I'm less impressed with him, and I'm really not liking his cockiness in the ring man. He's trying to give the impression that he's so much better than his opponents, but he's not showing it. Those 8-9 pitty pat combinations are ****in' annoying, maybe it's me...

Don't get me wrong, he's mad talented, but he needs to perform better than that, get these guys out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    I'm less impressed with him, and I'm really not liking his cockiness in the ring man. He's trying to give the impression that he's so much better than his opponents, but he's not showing it. Those 8-9 pitty pat combinations are ****in' annoying, maybe it's me...

Don't get me wrong, he's mad talented, but he needs to perform better than that, get these guys out of there.
                    mikey will humble that azz

Comment

Bob Arum is like Amir Khan always popping off with his mouth it's always something negative with these two guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X