Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best current trainer in the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgil hunter is the best
    Trainer imo rt now.

The best corner man imo is nacho

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      Such a troll thread from such a great poster is disappointing .... to top it all off you freaking put a poll up, wtf?

Tim Lane's greatness should not be questioned. Your foolishness should get you banned for a day and a half(or a few hours). Time Lane transcends boxing, sports, humanity. He is what dreams consist of, the essence of the sport, the man whom caged a titan and forgot the Key.... Get your **** together man...
      I 100% agree that it was pretty pointless and/or stupid to do a poll that included other candidates due to the fact that Lane is really and truly miles ahead of the rest of the pack, but I just thought that I'd at least do some honorable mentions for other trainers who have had solid to decent careers. Lane though is winning the poll as we knew he would.

Originally posted by uncle pauly View Post
      Tim Lane??!!!?????

Are you serious???

Why aren't Roger or Floyd sr. on here. They are obnoxious dickheads,...but are amazing trainers.

Tim Lane was delusional and clueless,..Before, during and after the Pacquiao fight.
      Disagree. It's easy to take shots at Lane because he's one of the best. People always want to bring the best down a notch -- and Lane, as prolific as he is, isn't immune to such hate. And dude, what if he was about to open the cage on you? Have you ever for a second thought about how traumatizing that would be?

Comment

Has to be Tim Lane. His innovative use of cages has revolutionized the sport, truly bringing it into the 21st century.

Comment

How is Roach even within striking distance of Tim in this poll? Are people high? Roach has had an okay career. Maybe slightly above mediocre. I mean don't get me wrong I have the utmost respect for Freddie -- but only 3 votes behind Tim Lane? The f**k??

Comment

It's the trainer-fighter combo, not just the trainer. Nacho-Marquez, Floyd-Floyd are the best. Roach has an extraordinary specimen in Pacquiao but yet he has a tough time with Marquez. Shows Roach is limited!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
              It's the trainer-fighter combo, not just the trainer. Nacho-Marquez, Floyd-Floyd are the best. Roach has an extraordinary specimen in Pacquiao but yet he has a tough time with Marquez. Shows Roach is limited!
              i really hate how overrated nacho is in this board

he certainly didn't help de la hoya win fights

not even remotely successful with marquez training for bradley, and his fighter is 3-1 against pacquiao.. that to me shows he is more limited as a trainer. nacho doesn't even hit the mitts with his fighter

Comment

Sugar Hill. He trains Stevenson and Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  How is Roach even within striking distance of Tim in this poll? Are people high? Roach has had an okay career. Maybe slightly above mediocre. I mean don't get me wrong I have the utmost respect for Freddie -- but only 3 votes behind Tim Lane? The f**k??
                  I agree, can Freddie Roach guarantee his fighters that they will always be right where they want to be? No he can't. It doesn't matter if you're flat on your back, sprinting around the ring frightened for your life or drowning in a corner puddle, you will always be right where you want to be with Tim Lane in your corner. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                    I agree, can Freddie Roach guarantee his fighters that they will always be right where they want to be? No he can't. It doesn't matter if you're flat on your back, sprinting around the ring frightened for your life or drowning in a corner puddle, you will always be right where you want to be with Tim Lane in your corner. Fact.
                    Absolutely. And this is what I think people don't get. We have some knowledgeable posters on this site, but the fact that we have Roach in the same neighborhood with Lane at this point of the poll is alarming to me.

And also, does Freddie have a cage? No. Didn't think so. I think there's some trolling going on as far as the poll is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by DontHitMyNuts View Post
                      i really hate how overrated nacho is in this board

he certainly didn't help de la hoya win fights

not even remotely successful with marquez training for bradley, and his fighter is 3-1 against pacquiao.. that to me shows he is more limited as a trainer. nacho doesn't even hit the mitts with his fighter
                      Marquez is the HIGHLY overrated FIGHTER. Who has he beaten? He has tough fights with EVERYBODY. Everybody tags him. Marquez's claim to fame is Pacquiao. like Ali to Norton. Marquez fed on that endless, reckless, predictable attacks. And Roach was never able to adjust.

Comment

Working...
                      X