Collapse
No announcement yet.

Learn how to score fights before claiming one fighter or the other won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scored it a draw 3 times. I'm okay with the fact that floyd got the decision. It couldve gone either way but if im the judge id give it to floyd too. Hes the superstar the undefeated, you gotta do more than that(what maidana did) to win against him. On judges mind theyd probably be thinking maidana did really well compared to others that floyd fought, its just not enough to give him the win since its just superclose. Lastly, i think its maidana that did more damage.

About the gloves thing, odh had it written in the contract, floyd did it during the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
      Says the red k'd troll.
      Not sure why you think anybody gives a **** about red k's but carry on.

Comment

Scoring is based on

"Clean effective punches"
        "Effective Aggression"
        "Defense"
        "Ring Generalship"

Out of all of these the most emphasis is on clean effective punches.

If you look at the Maidana Fight. Maidana did not always land on Floyd clean. Many of his shots were blocked or he missed them by inches. A lot of people have an untrained eye and cannot see that Maidana's shots are missing unless you replay the fight in slow motion. Many people are not giving floyd credit for defense in that fight which is one of the things that are supposed to be scored.

Furthermore in many rounds Maidana is blatantly cheating. I dont see how anyone can score him winning a round when he is deiberatly punching behind the head and below the belt. That should not be scored as a CLEAN punch.

Lets say in a round Maidana and Floyd both landed 5 punches. But maidana threw 100 and floyd threw 7. For floyd to not get hit with 95 shots and only 5. That means he had to exercise some good defense. Even though both fighters landed equally the edge should be given to floyd. Because Floyds defense made maidana's aggression INEFFECTIVE. A lot of people so called "judging" fights dont have enough discretion to make good judgment.

Comment

Maidana won the fight 7-5. you mad bro?

Comment

I would say Maidana's aggression was pretty effective, if you ask me.

Comment

Seriously people actually thought Canelo won against Lara....

Comment

The only way to dispute that is to dispute it round by round.

I disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Comment

I scored it 115-113 in favour of Floyd. I thought Floyd just did enough in the championship rounds.

Comment

i re-watched the fight 3 times and i scored it the same way, 8 - 4 chino.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                      i re-watched the fight 3 times and i scored it the same way, 8 - 4 chino.
                      you scored the fight that way 2 weeks before it happened. besides we know your scoring system:

Floyd fight- Floyd lost even though you boycotted and didn't watch. Manny fight-manny won.

Comment

Working...
                      X