• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He also wears one around his trainers n speed bags

Comment

Lol look at that silly face i would wear one too

Comment

He better wear headgear when he spars with Pacquiao. He needs all the protection he can get. If he ever fights Pacquiao he will get Hattoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Those small clips tells you Khan gets taken out.
          at the 30 sec mark Pac lands a combo that would've sparked Khan!!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Pac is clearly barely trying and he sticks Khan every time he throws a punch.

that was 10 years ago. cool story bro

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
              This right here.

Only thing headgear protects against is cuts and bruises basically.

The fact that they were probably wearing 16 oz gloves is more relevant than the headgear.
              have you ever sparred with a winning facesaver on? i got one of those, of course they add protection. its virtually impossible to get knocked out unless you really really want to get knocked out and stick your chin up in the sky. otherwise you cant land a clean punch on the chin or temple. you still feel the shots, it still rattles you but theres no way you can get knocked out with a winning facesaver on

Comment

making nonsense threads like this should be ban worthy imo.

fighters wear headguards during sparring, thats what its there for. naturally he would be at a greater risk of being hurt or knocked out in a real fight, that goes without saying, so why waste people time? (im assuming thats the point of the thread).

funny thing is headguards seldom cover the chin and their main function is to avoid cuts from head clashes. the heavily padded gloves is the reason people dont take as much damage in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                  have you ever sparred with a winning facesaver on? i got one of those, of course they add protection. its virtually impossible to get knocked out unless you really really want to get knocked out and stick your chin up in the sky. otherwise you cant land a clean punch on the chin or temple. you still feel the shots, it still rattles you but theres no way you can get knocked out with a winning facesaver on
                  I never used their facesaver. I've seen someone get a busted nose even with the FG 5000 on, but that was the most. I personally prefer Mexican style over the faceover. But yeah the FG 5000 is in it's own league as far as protection.

Comment

Maybe Khan could negotiate if he fights Pacquiao, and make Pac wear 16oz. gloves and Khan gets to wear headgear?

Hunter has done a nice job with Khan, but even he cannot fix a weak chin. Khan has been knocked down and wobbled several times even with Hunter in his corner. An washed up Diaz even did it, and he had to drain to 142 to get the fight with Khan.

Danny Garcia isn't known as a monster puncher, nor is Prescott. Collazo was bragged about by Khan and his team as super dangerous because he stopped Ortiz. (turned his back and quit) Collazo has a less KO% than Khan even, and was wipped by Freddie Hernandez, and had done nothing for 4 years. Alexander was exposed and dominated by Porter, who was nothing but a gatekeeper before that.

Now, Floyd and Manny are ducking Khan? Please. If both were at 50 or 60% it would be an even fight. Khan has great speed, but it takes a lot more than that to beat the top guys. He hasn't done that yet. If he beats Thurman, Porter, or Brook I will say he is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      I never used their facesaver. I've seen someone get a busted nose even with the FG 5000 on, but that was the most. I personally prefer Mexican style over the faceover. But yeah the FG 5000 is in it's own league as far as protection.
                      def. andre ward got a big cut on his eye when he sparred with the fg 5000 so it can happen, you can also break your nose still. but just way less likely compared to no headgear of course or other headgears out there. btw i also prefer the fg 2900. the fg 5000 is way too bulky

Comment

Working...
                      X