Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New arena being build on the strip should dedicate a statue for Floyd near entrance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard its gonna look like this

Comment

Originally posted by face untouched View Post
      So you dont think the most polarizing and lucrative sports figure in the entire state of las vegas should get a statue, meanwhile some dude that lost every big fight he was in gets one just because he was from LA?
      oscar was a global icon bro, floyd is just popular in the states, and only bc most ppl want him to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        I heard its gonna look like this

Comment

Ya it should be a statue of you sucking floyds dink

Comment

Does he have enough fans to warrant a statue? He gets booed more often than cheered. I can understand how Oscar got one, he was actually popular for the right reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
              oscar was a global icon bro, floyd is just popular in the states, and only bc most ppl want him to lose.
              They are both global icons. Either of them, especially Floyd, can go to foreign countries and get a lot of attention easily. Same with Pacquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by face untouched View Post
                I read this on Rings website

"
                LAS VEGAS — As pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. arrived at the site of Thursday's ground breaking for a 20,000-seat arena along the Las Vegas Strip, later helping executives to shovel dirt for as part of a $375 million project, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer imagined what it would be like for the undefeated fighter to participate in one of the first major events at a venue slated for completion in the spring of 2016.

"Floyd Mayweather was invited as a surprise guest and he was there and he said that he would be honored to open up the arena. The scheduled date for opening the arena is in the spring of 2016," said Schaefer, who was on hand and is promoting a defense by Mayweather (45-0, 26 knockouts) on Saturday of his RING and WBC welterweight championships against Marcos Maidana at the MGM Grand on Showtime Pay-Per-View. "Imagine, though, if he was in his 50th fight? That would be incredible. Can you imagine that? I could sell out the arena today with Floyd and it's not even built yet."

I think that this new arena being built should dedicate a statue to the legendary figures to those who performed over the many years in las vegas whether it be sports figures like boxers or musicians kind of like the staples center has oscar dela hoya even thought personally i dont think he deserves one. I honestly dont know why the MGM grand hasnt done something like that already since hes a polarizing figure for that venue,maybe theres no adequate room?

Who are some people who should get a statue outside of the venue? Also imagine if Floyd took his 50th fight there to open the venues first event? that would be insane!!

Comment

Like the one of joe Louis in ceasers palace

Comment

Floyd isn't well liked man, people would be spitting and throwing shoes at it.

Fight fans be like...

Comment

we all getting excited about something thats not gonna be ready until 2016. You know how long that is from now?

Comment

Working...
                      X