No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price: Tyson Fury Would Fight Me Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price: Tyson Fury Would Fight Me Tomorrow

Unbeaten heavyweight David Price has surprisingly jumped to the defence of Tyson Fury by dismissing suggestions his bitter rival has bottled out of fighting him.

Fury recently withdrew from negotiations for a clash with the British champion for a second time, leading some to claim the undefeated traveller doesn't fancy the bout.

But Liverpudlian Price believes his undefeated nemesis would, in fact, face him at the drop of a hat and is eager to "strike while the iron's hot" and make the fight as soon as possible.

The world title hopeful said: "Do you know what - I don't believe Fury would back out of a fight with me.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sound opinions. I share them.

This is a fight i'd love to see.

Comment

I actually think these two should fight for the vacant title when Wladimir retires.

Comment

It's true both of them could get beat and then it stops the fight in its tracks.

It would be nice if one of them could pinch a belt from Povetkin though.

Comment

People often blame the fighters for ducking good opponents, but it's the promoters and managers that hold them back.

Denis Boytsov was willing to fight Wladimir Klitschko last fall, but his promoter said "no".

Alexander Povetkin actually never ducked Wladimir, his promoter, trainer and manager advised him to avoid the fight in 2010.

Deontay Wilder would fight anybody, it's his manager who is putting him in with low-level clubfighters.

One exception however: Floyd Mayweather, who decided on his own to "retire" in 2007 when there were several very good prime welterweights. But most other fighters do not make the decisions themselves.

Comment

Price is still nice, even when Fury called him a big stiff idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              People often blame the fighters for ducking good opponents, but it's the promoters and managers that hold them back.

Denis Boytsov was willing to fight Wladimir Klitschko last fall, but his promoter said "no".

Alexander Povetkin actually never ducked Wladimir, his promoter, trainer and manager advised him to avoid the fight in 2010.

Deontay Wilder would fight anybody, it's his manager who is putting him in with low-level clubfighters.

One exception however: Floyd Mayweather, who decided on his own to "retire" in 2007 when there were several very good prime welterweights. But most other fighters do not make the decisions themselves.
              So how do you explain Klit wanting to "retire" than fight Haye?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                So how do you explain Klit wanting to "retire" than fight Haye?
                He's about to be 42 and is noticeably slipping and heavily involved in other areas of life.

When should he retire? What have David Haye done to earn a fight?
                It's not like we are talking about a Lennox-Vitali 2 type of fight (and i support Lennox decision to retire) but rather a decent but not blockbuster fight against a guy who is all talk and no walk.

It's not like the fight even enhance Vitalis legacy a great deal (it does to a certain extent). David Haye's best win is what? Valuev?

If anything David Haye is 100x worse. He's retiring at 30 leaving his entire legacy on the table.

Comment

I love the backhanded insult Price just gave Fury. Its so subtle yet funny.

"Fury's not clever enough to think..."

"Its the people around him. They got the brains..."

Implying Fury is a typical brawny yet dumb guy that needs handlers.

Comment

This fight will happen but it wont happen until its for a world title.

Comment

Working...
                    X