Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who has the best chance of beating ward at or around his weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silky Silakh. And Anthony Dirrel would have a small chance of catching him with a big shot. Anthony punches while the other fighter is throwing.

Comment

Probably Andre Dirrell or Sergio Martinez at a CW. I'd still favor Ward over both though.

I'd like to see Ward stay at 168 for another 12-18 months, maybe 3-4 more fights. Than go up to 175.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ward-Dirrell in the Spring, than maybe Ward-Rodriguez/Stevenson/Oosthuizen in the fall 2013, depending on which of those guys takes that next step to top contender before then. By then, the Kessler/Froch/Bute stuff will be sorted out and he could fight that guy or Chavez Jr will probably be up at 168 by then of course and that could be there.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        If u know me I'm a huge Martinez fan. But he's just too small. Ward is too big and too skilled. Its not even a fair match.
        Conventional logic would think so. Im just thinking tho, imo their skills are comparable, they just fight differently. I think martinez has enough power to catch wards attention, although i dont see a ko coming. I think martinez' movement and slickness would be what makes it a conpetitive fight. Throw a rather stationary power puncher in there and sure, ward will outpoint/outbox them, but martinez is not a stationary kind of guy, hes slick as f.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part, but i dont think martinez is a top p4p fighter for nothing.

Comment

I'd like to see how Martinez' speed would look at 168..he'd probably be small as hell for Ward tho..so I doubt his shots would even bother Ward..

Ward reminds me of Winky so much...Winky Wright was so underrated tho..

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
            I'd like to see how Martinez' speed would look at 168..he'd probably be small as hell for Ward tho..so I doubt his shots would even bother Ward..

Ward reminds me of Winky so much...Winky Wright was so underrated tho..
            They are both master boxers who are rather quiet. Their styles are different tho and id say wards career has been managed so much better

Comment

for some reason I see Hopkins giving him a tough fight, even at this stage

Comment

ward reminds me of roy jones jr on, JORDANS N being UNBEATABLE

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  and maybe Bute who's got a punchers chance.
                  I can't believe you brought up Bute's name.

Comment

I honestly can't see anyone doing it. I don't know.

Lol, Dirrell would get embarrassed. He would crumble.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Probably Andre Dirrell or Sergio Martinez at a CW. I'd still favor Ward over both though.

I'd like to see Ward stay at 168 for another 12-18 months, maybe 3-4 more fights. Than go up to 175.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ward-Dirrell in the Spring, than maybe Ward-Rodriguez/Stevenson/Oosthuizen in the fall 2013, depending on which of those guys takes that next step to top contender before then. By then, the Kessler/Froch/Bute stuff will be sorted out and he could fight that guy or Chavez Jr will probably be up at 168 by then of course and that could be there.
                      Dirrell has so much work to do before he gets a chance at Ward. He needs to beat Froch/Abraham bullshit-free before an argument can be made in Dirrell's defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X