Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey shoots down Russian Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the case of Turkey, it is more complicated than one would think perhaps. The main enemy of Turkey are the Kurds (PKK), and not ISIS. Actually, Turkey have mostly been turning a blind eye to foreign fighters crossing its border to join ISIS and other jihadist groups in Syria, partly because it saw such groups as a convenient tool to weaken the PKK.

Which has in turn strengthened ISIS and planted seeds of a jihadist problem on Turkish soil. Turkey found itself unable to confront ISIS fully for fear of retaliation at home, while at the same time, some members of the Turkish government appeared to be sympathetic towards the jihadist group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      neither wants war.

but as far as being scared of russia?

turks have a strong military.

they held nato south flank during cold war vs. much larger, much stronger soviet union.

unlike most nato, turks bordered USSR and had no ally next door.

the greeks were but they hate turks more than russians.

ppl overestimate current russian power.
      ohh if Russia and Turkey went to war, you know NATO wouldn't declare war on Russia, but would still supply thousands of troops to the Turks. Russia could easily stalemate the Turkish front and run through Ukraine back through the old Warsaw Pact area in like a week which would create enormous problems for the West.

Russia may not have a great economy or technology, but they do have a crazy amount of manpower. Second to the Chinese, who would be more than willing to help Russia, as would the Iranians, financially and militarily.

A weird difference today would be the use of planes/drones which have come extremely far. Ground wars (as well as sea because of the U.S. Monopoly there) are becoming fairly obsolete compared to airfare and technological combat, at least when it comes to smaller scale wars that we've been accustomed to.

Comment

• Has anyone mentioned the funny shoes they wear yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
          ohh if Russia and Turkey went to war, you know NATO wouldn't declare war on Russia, but would still supply thousands of troops to the Turks. Russia could easily stalemate the Turkish front and run through Ukraine back through the old Warsaw Pact area in like a week which would create enormous problems for the West.

Russia may not have a great economy or technology, but they do have a crazy amount of manpower. Second to the Chinese, who would be more than willing to help Russia, as would the Iranians, financially and militarily.

A weird difference today would be the use of planes/drones which have come extremely far. Ground wars (as well as sea because of the U.S. Monopoly there) are becoming fairly obsolete compared to airfare and technological combat, at least when it comes to smaller scale wars that we've been accustomed to.
          russian military is not much larger than turkey. larger but not much.

both conscript troops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
            Turkey barely bombs isis and concentrates on the Kurds, they also have a juicy business with isis oil. Our good american friends have always pushed for Turkey to join the UE, as if not enough of these ****s were in our countries already. There's some major clean(s)ing to do.
            The biggest costumer for ISIS oil is............... drumroll

Assad.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aDciHCejA

Can someone please imbed this?? And also is it a lie?? It seems rather convincing to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aDciHCejA

Can someone please imbed this?? And also is it a lie?? It seems rather convincing to me.

Here you go, If one have been following the situation in the middle east for the past 10 or 15 years this is "old news"
                Situation change in almost every 6 months.

Heck! I use to support the FSA until some of thel allied themselves with Islamist (ISIS,Al Nusra front, Hezbollah etc.) factions.

In my opinion the west should accept the situation at the moment that Assad is power and it is better to leave him alone for now. His government at least can be dealt with diplomacy and sanctions later on. The pressing situation is to rid this planet of the plague that is DAESH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post

Here you go, If one have been following the situation in the middle east for the past 10 or 15 years this is "old news"
                  Situation change in almost every 6 months.

Heck! I use to support the FSA until some of thel allied themselves with Islamist (ISIS,Al Nusra front, Hezbollah etc.) factions.

In my opinion the west should accept the situation at the moment that Assad is power and it is better to leave him alone for now. His government at least can be dealt with diplomacy and sanctions later on. The pressing situation is to rid this planet of the plague that is DAESH.
                  everyone supported FSA/Syrian Rebels at the beginning.

they were originally Syrian army defectors who refused to fire on civilian protestors.

but as in afghanistan, libya, etc. the extremists eventually come out like ****roaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    The biggest costumer for ISIS oil is............... drumroll

Assad.
                    that is actually true. at least going back to 2013-14 when i read it.

i think nato is hitting those ISIS oil trucks now.

they weren't before because the drivers/workers are NON-isis civilians. isis just pays them.

but after paris, as expected, ROE changed. now they're hitting them.

Comment

• must watch footage right here

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aDciHCejA

it's refreshing to see things like this making it on an American news program. bit odd if you think about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X