Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wards chin is very impressive. I think in the future his name will be mentioned as one of the greats. With his defensive ability, granite chin, speedy hands and feet and a very awkward hard to decipher offense, with good combinations and decent power, i think Ward has the makings of an ATG if he dominates 168 for a while.

My buddy brought up the prospects of ward taking on the 175lb division. how do you feel he fares against
    Chad "(not so) bad" Dawson
    Jean Pascal
    B-Hop
    and Tavoris "Thunder" Cloud?

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
      Wards chin is very impressive. I think in the future his name will be mentioned as one of the greats. With his defensive ability, granite chin, speedy hands and feet and a very awkward hard to decipher offense, with good combinations and decent power, i think Ward has the makings of an ATG if he dominates 168 for a while.

My buddy brought up the prospects of ward taking on the 175lb division. how do you feel he fares against
      Jean Pascal
      B-Hop
      Stylewise I think Dawson presents the most problems out of that bunch. I agree though, Ward is. On a distinguished path.

Comment

Wards chin is very impressive. I think in the future his name will be mentioned as one of the greats. With his defensive ability, granite chin, speedy hands and feet and a very awkward hard to decipher offense, with good combinations and decent power, i think Ward has the makings of an ATG if he dominates 168 for a while.

Jean Pascal
        B-Hop

finally seeing some people giving cred for wards chin. he took some big shots against bika and abraham
        he got knocked down by darnell boone in his six or seventh fight. boone has fought EVERYBODY and is a very good fighter in his own right. he's upset plenty of undefeated pros with much more than six or seven fights.
        i seriously think that's what people are basing the chin speculations on..

many fleet boxers protect themselves with like ward does because they are hiding a soft chin
        ward's chin is pretty sturdy. he really doesnt even run. he boxes.

personally i'd like to see them clone thundercloud and have him fight himself

but otherwise
        i think ward finds a way against all of those guys. b hop he'd probably embarrass at this stage, pascal is a four round fighter and would only make it interesting for those four rounds.

the only tough fights are dawson and cloud
        cloud would be wildly exciting and i think would bring the best out of ward with his strength and skills as a ring shrinker
        and dawson would probably be most competitive with his boxing skills and his size and his footspeed (and when he actually throws it, his power.
        Last edited by New England; 12-19-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Jean Pascal
          B-Hop

i bump the question above.

Comment

i bump the question above.
            I haven't seen much of Cloud but im of the understanding he is a big punching pressure fighter with an average skill set, this accurate? Id have to favour Ward over a guy like that, he is very hard to hit clean even for technically skilled boxers

Pascal is a level below Andre.

Hopkins is too old and wouldn't have the gas among other things to live with a quick, smart fighter like Ward at this point i think

Dawson is a tricky one. When he is on he is on. Very good boxer. Chad's also a big lad and has all the tools plus some good speed and snap but he isn't the inside fighter Ward is and isn't nearly as switched on mentally, focused or determined. I think i like Ward in that one too but its a real test, toughest of the above fighters anyway

Comment

• Money May Jailed

So Pretty Boy Floyd is headed for the big house.....

Its a six month term of which he will do 3 im lead to believe

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                I haven't seen much of Cloud but im of the understanding he is a big punching pressure fighter with an average skill set, this accurate? Id have to favour Ward over a guy like that, he is very hard to hit clean even for technically skilled boxers

Pascal is a level below Andre.

Hopkins is too old and wouldn't have the gas among other things to live with a quick, smart fighter like Ward at this point i think

Dawson is a tricky one. When he is on he is on. Very good boxer. Chad's also a big lad and has all the tools plus some good speed and snap but he isn't the inside fighter Ward is and isn't nearly as switched on mentally, focused or determined. I think i like Ward in that one too but its a real test, toughest of the above fighters anyway

cloud is a little ball of aggression and muscles fighting out of florida.
                he's got a win over glen johnson, and a nice W recently over yusaf mack, where he unfortunately had to come from behind.

i actually saw him from a distance at the fights once.
                he's about 5'8 or 5'9, and 175 lbs of pure muscle
                he's got one of the most impressive physique's i've ever seen, for whatever that's worth in boxing. it's lean muscle, too, not like a jeff lacy or audley harrison.
                you could see the definition in his muscles through his suit from clear across the room

big left hook. game changing puncher with the left hand.
                kind of a light right hand. hell of a chin, too by the looks of things.

when he fought johnson he let out a primal scream when they were getting the ref's instructions
                he just couldn't hold it in
                he's that kind of fighter. he's going to be a lot of fun to watch

unfortunately he's a slow starter, due in part to his long layoffs that seem to by typical in his career.

dawson would be an interesting fight, and probably the roughest test for ward.
                he's got lots of tools, does dawson. he can box with the jab and he can cover serious distance backing up. he is also huge.

i have little doubt that ward would be the aggressor and try and back chad up and make a fight out of it along the ropes
                hopefully ward's skills and speed would make chad fight
                and ward's need to move forward on an outright larger man who can actually box with him might cause him to look to do more damage and break his man down

it would be one of the best boxing matches of recent memory in terms of the level of skill//pedigree among young prime americans
                two very well trained and talented boxers

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  So Pretty Boy Floyd is headed for the big house.....

Its a six month term of which he will do 3 im lead to believe

Thoughts?
                  I wonder if anyone in there is gonna think they could lick him? I don't think he's going to Attica or anything, but it'd be funny to see some big double-murderer try to step to a guy like Floyd. Other than that, he's getting what he deserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    I wonder if anyone in there is gonna think they could lick him? I don't think he's going to Attica or anything, but it'd be funny to see some big double-murderer try to step to a guy like Floyd. Other than that, he's getting what he deserves.
                    Floyd aint gonna be a wimp but he's 5'9(?) 150lb or so and a Pure boxer who uses skill and technique along with reflexes as much as anything in the ring, he aint Iron Mike - there will be a few big dudes in there who would whip his ass in a street fight. But will they? I can see most of them being on his diick, looking for money or just to be pals with Floyd Mayweather Jnr.... Floyd is pretty street he should fit in.

On the Other Hand...... He is a little mouth piece and might go in thinking he runs *****! Someone will probably want the bragging rights of saying "I kicked Floyd's ass!" maybe even bully some cash money out of him?
                    Mayweather is best pals with 50cent though and he is bound to know some Gangsta types in jail, might look out for Floyd.... Who knows!?

Comment

• Not really too schooled on the American legal system as opposed to the UK one. But, I'm pretty sure Mayweather isn't being put into a Prison where there are murders, gang members, rapists etc.

According to an article, he will be alone in his cell most of the time. And for atleast the start of his sentance he will have no contact with any of the other Prisoners.

On top of that, when he does have contact with other members of the prison, he will be with security and protection 100% of the time. Due to him being in danger due to who he is.

This is just from what I've read and gather. On top of that, I highly highly doubt they will let Floyd Mayweather waltz around a Prison or Jail by himself, there is simply no way that would happen. Because there is no way he gets out without being physically harmed, someone of Mayweather's stature.

In all honesty, from what I know and gather. Mayweather will have an easy run. They guy is allowed to deposit is much money as he pleases into a 'Jail bank account' and buy pretty much whatever he wants.

The maximum he wil do it 3 months, and there's a good chance he'll do even less.

Comment

Working...
                      X