• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tenwo...ingpartner.htm

Comment

seventyleven duckets.

Comment

It varies. I know Mike Arnaoutis was paying his guys $100 a day for the Ortiz fight.

Comment

Fred Tukes got around $9000 for the entire camp with Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
            I remember seeing an interview where I believe Oliver Mcall was being paid $2,000 a week to spar with Lennox Lewis. I’m not sure if those numbers were actual but it was stated.

Peace.
            Not worth it, not worth it at all. Lewis is a damn hard puncher.

Comment

It depends on the agreement.. for young fighters, it will be a lot of exposures so I think they are not paid.. some allowances like pocket money probably..

Comment

I don't understand why if a sparring partner ends up giving the star fighter hell in their sparring sessions they get sent home?

Isn't the purpose of training camp to be hard and difficult so when the actual fight happens it becomes "easy".

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Not worth it, not worth it at all. Lewis is a damn hard puncher.
                  mccal is a man, broke and had a damn good chin. lewis didnt beat him in the 2nd, infact mcal took the punches

Comment

Originally posted by NYU Alum. View Post
                    I don't understand why if a sparring partner ends up giving the star fighter hell in their sparring sessions they get sent home?

Isn't the purpose of training camp to be hard and difficult so when the actual fight happens it becomes "easy".
                    A sparring partner has to be like a flu vaccine, a watered down virus that can prepare you for the real thing but not wipe you out like the kind you get from coughing.

No one benefits from getting beaten up in sparring, especially when you're training hard and trying to get in peak physical condition. On top of that, it negatively affects a fighter's confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by NYU Alum. View Post

It depends on what point in the camp you are at. If my guy is just starting his sparring, and the trainer just wants light work for the first week or so, inevitably you get some dip**** in there trying to make a name for himself, going all out when thats not the plan at the moment. Or like what happened in Cotto's last camp. You pay a guy to come in and throw basic 1-2's at you, some lead right hands, maybe bob a little, but then the guy starts clowning, doing shoulder rolls, switching lefty to righty, doing his best Emanuel Augustus impression, junk that has nothing to do with the fight you are preparing for.
                      Last edited by OnePunch; 12-21-2009, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X