No announcement yet.

Marciano Ducked Patterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
    Why laugh at someone because he got it a little wrong? No need to ridicule an honest question IMO.
    I never ridiculed anyone, I LOL'ed because it was an interesting idea to ponder.

IMO if I ridicule someone there is no ambiguity, I usually let it be known.

I would have liked to see Patterson fight Marciano, it would have been nice to see Marciano try and slow down a younger, faster fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
      LOL No, Patterson didn't duck Marciano. Patterson was still competing as a light-heavyweight in 1955 when Marciano retired. It is true though that Marciano resisted an offer to return from retirement after Patterson won the title. That doesn't constitute ducking.
      I think you misunderstood my question...I asked if anybody felt Marciano ducked Patterson, not the other way around. Why would a contender duck a champion? That wouldn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by alishuffle View Post
        I think you misunderstood my question...I asked if anybody felt Marciano ducked Patterson, not the other way around. Why would a contender duck a champion? That wouldn't make any sense.
        What I was saying is that Marciano couldn't have ducked Patterson since Patterson wasn't even in his division at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
          What I was saying is that Marciano couldn't have ducked Patterson since Patterson wasn't even in his division at the time.
          And Patterson hadn't even won the title at 175, so it's not like Rocky would've been scared of him moving up.

Comment

YES. He retirewd ealry because he knew he was overrated and would get killed by PAtterson and yes he did know about the upcoming Liston too no matter what the people who suck his balls say. Also, it is not racist to say that he was overrated because he was white. It is a race related comment and not racist you dumb ****ing ****s. It's just a fact of the times and 'the great white hope' is a common saying. He was just that which is why they ride his dick and think he can beat Ali. I'm not black, but even a purple man can see that Ali would kill him. He isn't even top ten in the ATG's of the heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny McLean View Post
              YES. He retirewd ealry because he knew he was overrated and would get killed by PAtterson and yes he did know about the upcoming Liston too no matter what the people who suck his balls say. Also, it is not racist to say that he was overrated because he was white. It is a race related comment and not racist you dumb ****ing ****s. It's just a fact of the times and 'the great white hope' is a common saying. He was just that which is why they ride his dick and think he can beat Ali. I'm not black, but even a purple man can see that Ali would kill him. He isn't even top ten in the ATG's of the heavyweight division.
              Liston had 19 fights at the time and marcianos body was breaking down at the time of his retirement he had also lost his will to train to his fullest

Comment

So you admit he pussied out with some crap excuses? He knew Floyd would have schooled him. I heard that 19 fights and still green bull**** before. Obviously you have not researched properly or you would know he had called him out and he was perceived to be afraid of Liston and others. He retired YOUNG the same way Frank Warren never brings his fighters to USA in their primes and their contemporaries primes: PROTECTION.

Comment

So you admit he pussied out with some crap excuses? He knew Floyd would have schooled him. I heard that 19 fights and still green bull**** before. Obviously you have not researched properly or you would know he had called him out and he was perceived to be afraid of Liston and others. He retired YOUNG the same way Frank Warren never brings his fighters to USA in their primes and their contemporaries primes: PROTECTION.
                  Dude Marciano's right hand on Patersons Chin dosent sound to good for paterson if ingo KOed a more experanced paterson marciano would have done that same only in more brutal fashion Paterson wouldnt have KOed Marciano and sure as hell couldnt go 15 rounds without being hit considering all the punches marciano threw

19 fights in those days was very young and liston had only bee fighting for 2 years Who gets a title shot after only 19 fights and 2 yars of activity against someone as proven as marciano was?

im a fan of both paterson and liston but i know marciano would have beaten them at the time the foght would have been made

Comment

Patterson was willing to move up, but you would not know this. It was common for 175lb fighters to move up as it is common for cruiserweights nowadays because it was the last division back then. hence the name.

Also, he was afraid of Liston and retired early. In any case, he was still no ATG. And you say he was proven but that is very arguable, very arguable indeed.

Comment

Patterson was willing to move up, but you would not know this. It was common for 175lb fighters to move up as it is common for cruiserweights nowadays because it was the last division back then. hence the name.

Also, he was afraid of Liston and retired early. In any case, he was still no ATG. And you say he was proven but that is very arguable, very arguable indeed.
                      If i remember corectly Cus wouldnt let Paterson face marciano

Liston was 13 and 1 at the time Marciano retired how would it have looked on marciano's recourd to have a guy 13-1 as title defense

and im no ****ing retared that you thank I am i might be young but I know my history of the sport and honestly feel you just a troll here for an argument

Comment

Working...
                      X