Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one is the superior broadcaster - Showtime Or HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actual fans of the sport know that Showtime is alot better. They are more knowledgable and less biased.

Comment

I'm with Showtime on this one overall. There are certain areas where HBO have a slight edge - maybe some of the boxing documentaries and the production value / visual presentation of the fight broadcast in general - but when it comes to the commentary and post-fight interviews (in recent years) Showtime now take the crown. Ideally they'd alter their overall production value to achieve a more cinematic quality reminiscent of HBO, but maintain the same sort of unbiased fight commentary.

Comment

HBO always has the better production values. Even the HD cameras they use are better than Showtime's but HBO's commentary team really took a hit when Steward died.

Comment

Ever since Showtime did the super 6, they've started having the more competitive matchups for the most part. I think they're headed in the right direction.

HBO is just worried about building stars and doesn't really seem to care about making the fights people want to see. I do think HBO remains in the lead for just a little while longer.

Comment

doesn't really matter too much...i try to drown out the commentary as best i can anyways lol..

Comment

The most enjoyable commentary for me is Bob Papa/Barry Hunter on Showtime BAD. They actually talk about the fight that's currently on, with blow by blow details. I get so tired of hearing Jim Lampley and Max Kellerman going on about everything BUT what's going on in the ring at the time. To top that off, when there is actually something significant that happens during the fight they're supposed to be commentating on, they're often lost or way off in their analysis of what just happened because they're talking about something else unrelated. Barry Hunter is a little too loud, but I'll take that anyday over having to MUTE the audio on Jim and Max every fricken fight.

Comment

I don't care for the HBO broadcast team anymore without Merchant and Steward.

In terms of the actual matchups, both are equally mediocre nowadays. Both are also equal in fighter name value as well. I do like that Showtime has been having tripple/quadruple headers though.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-20-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I prefer HBO.

Comment

hbo has better production values and commentary

showtime does well with what they got

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      I don't care for the HBO broadcast team anymore without Merchant and Steward.

In terms of the actual matchups, both are equally mediocre nowadays. I do like that Showtime has been having tripple/quadruple headers though.
                      AND they've been showing the undercards on their other Showtime station before the other fights start. It's awesome to see that many fights all in one night, one after another after another.

Comment

Working...
                      X