No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's Commentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward's Commentary

Maybe it's just me but Ward was excellent last night. He wasn't as monotone as he usually is. I felt he spoke with conviction and gave some great insight. It seems he's starting to settle into the commentator role and it is becoming more natural for him.

He may not be better than Roy Jones but his analysis is more consistent and focused.

yeah Ward was the only one not being biased...

Lampley was awful, and weisfeld is usually good, but he was awful last night...

HBO trying way to hard to convince people ruslan won.... It was one of their worst announcing moments...

They reminded me of pro wresting announcers as a kid, they would try and sell a move, even though it was clear that it was nothing

Comment

Why wasn't Roy commentating? Missed the first half of the fight. Yeah, Lampley was terrible... glad Ward didn't stick to the company line...

Comment

Ward was the best commentator that night. Lampley is Awful. He's one of the reasons why HBO Boxing Sucks. HBO would be so much better if it had Jim Ross. Same with Showtime, I hate Ranallo more than Lampley. But Showtime is a better boxing network than HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          yeah Ward was the only one not being biased...

Lampley was awful, and weisfeld is usually good, but he was awful last night...

HBO trying way to hard to convince people ruslan won.... It was one of their worst announcing moments...

They reminded me of pro wresting announcers as a kid, they would try and sell a move, even though it was clear that it was nothing
          Exactly. Ward was the only one who was unbiased last night. He gave both fighters credit for the work they were doing.

It was definitely a low point for the rest of the HBO crew.

I guess Ward felt he had to step it up since he won't be doing any actual fighting in the foreseeable future.

Comment

The HBO commentary from Lampley and Kellerman was awful. I thought they did a bad job at Martinez vs. Cotto but last night they did even worse. They can't be serious.... The commentary sucks on HBO as soon as a Roach fighter is in the ring.

Ward did a good job and actually a better jab than Jones last week (in my opinion). Too bad he didn't say more to shut up Kellerman and Lampley.

Comment

Its honestly embarrassing how bad HBO was last night... I used to love their team when morales, barrera, prince, tito, vargas were all in their heyday...

But damn they were awful,, only giving props to one side.. reminds me of foxnews or MSNBC

Comment

I guess all that talking Ward is doing lately instead of fighting is paying off. He did sound much better.

Guess he gave extra effort since commentating is his real job now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Its honestly embarrassing how bad HBO was last night... I used to love their team when morales, barrera, prince, tito, vargas were all in their heyday...

But damn they were awful,, only giving props to one side.. reminds me of foxnews or MSNBC
                  Dreadful. And then to continue it after the decision was so unfair to Algieri. I don't care what the company line was Lampley, once the fight's over you acknowledge what actually happened in the ring.

At least Kellerman basically admitted to his bias during the fight when it was over.

Comment

He was the bright spot. The HBO commentary last night was shameful. They had a rehearsed story that they intended to sell to the public and tried to keep that theme in place throughout the fight. It just seemed like Max, Lampley and Weisfeld were all on the same page in trying to their own spin on what was going on in the ring and try to mislead the viewing public.

I bet they all felt like jackasses when the scorecards were announced. Now you will have casuals screaming robbery because they feel that Max, Lampley and Weisfeld are knowledgeable boxing analysts. The sad part is they are but they are just pawns pushing HBOs agenda.

Comment

Working...
                    X