Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't we have an objective way to meassure and compare fighters power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    I never said on real time.

I know boxing fans have the lowest IQ of all sports fans but please at least try to understand what is being discussed.
    That wasn't the case until you became a fan. You brought the average IQ down 10 points.

Comment

i think that would be good for casuals tot eat up lol.. but knockouts are more impressive than a number, even if theyre vs cans

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        if power is so important then guys like Malagnaggi, Algieri, Willie Pep, Manuel Ortiz, Mayweather post 140, Meldrick Taylor and so many others wouldnt have been successful and champions

I didnt say power isnt important, it just is overrated because you have to land right for it to actually change the outcome of a fight.

Most times an elite boxer beats an elite puncher because they didnt fine tune the nuances, techniques and other parts of their game.

You let ko's come to you and most times when you force them you get clipped.
        I never said power was the most important part in boxing. Just asking for a method to meassure.

If I asked who has more power, Canelo or GGG? some would say Canelo, some would say GGG. We should have objective info to discuss that. It doesn't change much maybe, but it wouldn't harm to have that information.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          I never said on real time.

I know boxing fans have the lowest IQ of all sports fans but please at least try to understand what is being discussed.
          It literally let them know how much power was behind a punch fool.

Comment

Working...
          X