Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Brook Avoid Chaves Permanently Like He Avoided Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Brook Avoid Chaves Permanently Like He Avoided Alexander?

Brook pulled out of the Devon Alexander fight twice in a row with claims of injuries. Many since speculated Alexander's style would have been too difficult for Brook to contend with, while Porter's style was easier to handle. As we know, styles do indeed make fights.

As Brook now pulled out of the Chaves fight claiming yet another suspicious injury, will the same scenario unfold once more with Brook avoiding Chaves permanently the same way he avoided Alexander?

It's also widely accepted that the fight with Brandon Rios was ducked by Brook in favor of Chaves, which is someone Rios has already beaten. Perhaps Brook doubted his ability to beat Rios but did he just get cold feet again when it came closer to fight time with Chaves, consequently pulling out of the fight the same way he did with Devon?

Does Brook vs Chaves happen or do you think Brook will avoid the fight entirely and keep pulling out of it with injury claims?

Will Khan permanently avoid boxing to continue to avoid Brook?

Comment

When did he pull out? WTF! If that's true then am disappointed.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if Brook finally fights Alexander. lol Is it me or does it seem Alexander doesn't use his lateral movement as he did earlier in his career?

Comment

Alexander has lost 6 of his last 10 fights.

1 of his only 4 wins was a shut out against Maidana.

These are arguably Amir Khan's two best wins

Comment

I don't have any proof of this at all, but I believe he and his team just weren't confident about facing Alexander at that time. First Brook gets injured and they're forced to reschedule and then Alexander gets injured, then they reschedule again, and then Brook gets 'injured' again for a second time!!!!

I'll let the first one go because injuries do happen, but getting 'injured' twice while preparing for the same opponent? Is it bad preparation or is it doubt? I think it was doubt.

Keep in mind, at that time Alexander was the favorite by the oddsmakers to win that fight. It might be hard to believe watching the Martinez fight, but Alexander was actually pretty good back in the day. Maybe Brooks team saw something and they needed more of a developmental period with Brook.

In the end it worked out for them.

Comment

you need to stop posting for a while, for your own mental health

Comment

Brook was terrified of Alexander after his devastating win over Lee Purdy.

That' why he made the guy who ragdolled Alexander like a child look like a complete amatuer.

Comment

Brook never avoided anybody ever. He has been injured in training and had to call off fights several times. If you have information that his injuries were fake then let's hear it. Khan is the one holding up a show down with Brook. Brook has been begging Khan for a fight for years and Khan always refuses to fight Brook. Will Khan continue to avoid Brook permanently?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    When did he pull out? WTF! If that's true then am disappointed.
                    Few days back he claimed he had a broken rib but most people find it hard to believe now because he's backed out of so many fights and negotiations before.

Comment

Working...
                    X