Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't anyone worried that Mayweather does a Gatti on Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I could see mayweather ko'ing Guerrero. He didn't drop Ortiz until the "sucker punch" and Ortiz got dropped by Berto while Guerrero ate a lot of Berto's shots and held up through it. Just a thought. I think Guerrero can pull off an upset, and I hope he does.

Comment

Floyd isn't going to KO Guerrero. Guerrero is a full-fledged WW and he is going to outweigh Floyd on fight night. Guerrero has a great chin. He took Katsidis', Berto (at welterweight) and Siri's biggest punches and still put on a fight.

Comment

Why the hell would anyone be worried? If he did that, that would just be a sick ass highlight reel for him.

Although I'm sure Ghost fans wouldn't like it. Ah well.

Comment

interesting, i still hope guerrero pulls a upset..........

Comment

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
            If by physical you mean like Cotto was, not a chance. Proving you can take the punch of a no steroid anymore/coming off an embarrassing layoff/ legs gone in the first round/ trying to fight like Mayweather version of Andre Berto doesn't mean he can take Floyd's punch attack for a full 12 rounds.

Do you think the Ghost looked impressive vs Aydin?
            He gassed after like 4 rounds with Aydin. Hindsight is 20/20, and people might look back and think that was an impressive win, but honestly, he looked like crap, and Aydin aint nothing to brag about.

Same goes for Berto. If you really think about it. Berto's been exposed twice before Guerrero. Fist time against Collazo, and second time against Ortiz. If you bring the fight to him, he tends to gas, and goes for the KO shot, instead of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
              mmmmmmmmmmmmm..............nope.

If you thought Cotto vs lil Floyd was competitive. Guerrero will make it even uglier.
              This fights at WW though. Hopefully Guerrero can pull off a more effective Hatton performance. Minus the missing, and getting caught with the check hook, every time he came inside.

Comment

It will be a close and entertaining fight. Guerrero is a tough rugged guy and will come to fight. I think he is smart enough to know that he can't outbox Floyd, so he will be there to bang. I think age is becoming a factor in Floyd's career at this point. He will definitely have problems with this guy.But on the other hand, Floyd sits down on his punches more now. If he works the body, he will get the TKO. If it goes the distance, I think Floyd wins by SD. This will set up the rematch.

Comment

Is this a joke? Remember when everyone thought Mayweather was gonna "Gatti" Cotto?

It's a horrible cherrypick mismatch of a fight but it won't happen.

Comment

People forget that Gurerro is not only a brawler. Expect to see Floyd hold a lot and look for that elbow from Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                      It will be a close and entertaining fight. Guerrero is a tough rugged guy and will come to fight. I think he is smart enough to know that he can't outbox Floyd, so he will be there to bang. I think age is becoming a factor in Floyd's career at this point. He will definitely have problems with this guy.But on the other hand, Floyd sits down on his punches more now. If he works the body, he will get the TKO. If it goes the distance, I think Floyd wins by SD. This will set up the rematch.
                      the bold is playing right into floyds hands. he may sit more on his shots and that because he ain't as young as he used to be and he is stronger than most fighters he fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X