No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Says Deal To Face Alexander is Nearly Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    What's up with the immature bulls**t on here??? For real....

I don't like this, and I still have doubts this is real. I mean...why is Floyd half announcing it???

But all the damn people here that are saying Guerrero should get the fight better stay true to their words if he indeed gets the fight.
    Fair point. A lot of times promoters will release news like this to test the fan response and go from there. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out not to be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      I was never sold on Guerrero at 147, too early for Mayweather, personally I think he needs another good win to really certify himself at the weight.
      I wasn't too excited about the Guerrero fight either, but if he was too early for Mayweather at WW, than Alexander is too. Alexander's resume at 140 shouldn't mean too much when comes to determining how he'd do vs Floyd, I mean I think his best win at JWW that I actually think he won was Urango or Witter... Just because he consistently took on the best, doesn't mean he should be reward with a Floyd fight he has most certainly not earned, other than being a Al Haymon client.

Comment

• What? That's random.

Comment

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
          I've never seen 4Corners on such high patrol damage control before.

You're going to need some back up my brother, a riot is about to break out in the morning.
          You see, people think I'm defending this for whatever reason. I don't like it either. I'm just saying the only thing positive from this is seeing Canelo and Guerrero in better fights to put themselves in a position to make a Floyd fight a big fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            I was never sold on Guerrero at 147, too early for Mayweather, personally I think he needs another good win to really certify himself at the weight.

I don't like the Alexander fight much either but I based on the run of opponents he's fought (by 25), I can't say he doesn't deserve it more than most fighters.

lol I think Clottey beats Alexander and Guerrero. Everyone hates Clottey though, almost as much as Alexander.
            First off, Clottey would beat the dog piss outta Alexander/Guerrero.

Secondly, you embody the truest send of the word, FLOWMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Like I said, the only good thing about this is seeing Floyd fight at all, and that we could possibly see Guerrero and Canelo actually really make their possible Floyd fights bigger.
              he fights once a year and comes back to fight alexander. LOL and No way in hell he's coming back 4 months after this garbage fight.

Comment

• Floyd's choices are either a lightweight, or a little puppy.

Who knows maybe tomorrow he'll drop another bombshell and announce he's fighting the catfish Chris John.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  Maidana was a one punch threat at JWW, he's not anymore, not the same power. The version that fought Alexander took three seconds to throw his damn punches, he look awful that night. I'm not sure what Maidana's done at WW to be considered a better than Berto, Berto's win over Quintana is better than Soto Karass. Not counting Collazo because that was robbery.
                  you keep holding that against him as if that's the only fight he's had at 147. he looked sharp and threw combos against karass where his power proved to be the difference. he was in better shape. berto went life and death with ortiz and was son'd by a lightweight. c'mon man.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    I wasn't too excited about the Guerrero fight either, but if he was too early for Mayweather at WW, than Alexander is too. Alexander's resume at 140 shouldn't mean too much when comes to determining how he'd do vs Floyd, I mean I think his best win at JWW that I actually think he won was Urango or Witter... Just because he consistently took on the best, doesn't mean he should be reward with a Floyd fight he has most certainly not earned, other than being a Al Haymon client.
                    That's fair enough, but outside of maybe Lucas Matthysse, who has earned it?

Bear in mind Floyd refuses to work with BA over Bradley/Pacquiao. Not excusing that behaviour but that's the reality of the GBP-TR beef.

Comment

• Im not supporting this bull****

50 exposed you... get ya ass right and go fight Canelo at 154. Nobody told you to come home and completely not focus on fighting at all. You could have fought Pacquiao last year.

Comment

Working...
                      X