Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd vs Ortiz. Ortiz Definately quit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewatched Floyd vs Ortiz. Ortiz Definately quit.

All you needed to is watch 3 rounds of that fight to know who was gonna win.
    Ortiz was eating too many right hands.. It was like the last round of the Maidana fight all over again.

After Floyd landed about the 25th right hand lead I said wow... How many more of these can ortiz take? He can't take do this all night, and Ortiz was making no adjustments. Floyd was just landing it over and over.

That last flurry before the headbutt I think was his last hurrah, that was him trying to go out on his shield, and the headbutt was his last act of desperation because floyd was completely dominating him.

After the headbutt ortiz had nothing left.. he was in full quit mode. That's why he was looking to the referee- for some type of salvation, instead of defending himself.

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    Ortiz was eating too many right hands.. It was like the last round of the Maidana fight all over again.

After Floyd landed about the 25th right hand lead I said wow... How many more of these can ortiz take? He can't take do this all night, and Ortiz was making no adjustments. Floyd was just landing it over and over.

That last flurry before the headbutt I think was his last hurrah, that was him trying to go out on his shield, and the headbutt was his last act of desperation because floyd was completely dominating him.

After the headbutt ortiz had nothing left.. he was in full quit mode. That's why he was looking to the referee- for some type of salvation, instead of defending himself.
    Nobody cares, that fight happened like 8 months ago...

Comment

I agree with you. People talk like Ortiz's last flurry was a sign that he was still in the fight but I know what swinging wildly while your opponent is fully aware and laying on the ropes means in the gym...that you're desperate to land something, ANYTHING.

Ortiz used that tactic a couple of times, all to Mayweather's face, neglecting the body, and kept getting hit with the right hand when they got back to the center of the ring.

He quit. Mayweather just ended it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
        Boxing fans talk about fighters that have been dead for longer than 8 years, and your saying no one cares about a fight because its 8 months old?

OP - I don't think Ortiz was looking to quit that early. He was getting beaten clearly and was obviously frustrated, but he wasn't taking the kind of beating he took from Maidana or anything like that.

Comment

Are you kidding me?
          People still watch the Mayweather/Castillo fight

Comment

OP is talking turdles.

Ortiz did not quit, he was suckerpunched by a snake pretending to befriend him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              OP is talking turdles.

Ortiz did not quit, he was suckerpunched by a snake pretending to befriend him.
              Yup. Because that's what boxing's all about. Making friends. In a championship fight.

Comment

I'm watching it because May 5 is coming up soon and I always do homework before I make a bet on a prizefight.

If you dont care don't post. Simple.

Comment

Yup. Because that's what boxing's all about. Making friends. In a championship fight.
                  So I guess it's about pretending to embrace then sucker-punching someone when the ref isn't looking....

#WWEisthesport4u

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    So I guess it's about pretending to embrace then sucker-punching someone when the ref isn't looking....

#WWEisthesport4u
                    Are you still bitter about Hatton fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X