No announcement yet.

Should Danny Garcia move up or defend again at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Danny Garcia move up or defend again at 140

Garcia should move up....he has already defeated 3 out of the current top 10 junior welterweights and after he beat Matthyssee there arent too many lucrative fights at the weight for him....the winner of Jean-Peterson? Provodnikov is with Top Rank and is a step down in competition in my books no matter how exciting he is.

At 147 he can fight a tune up or immediately go for one of the lower top ten guys. Broner, Maidana, Malignaggi, Thurman or Porter....2 OF them hold major titles and it could set him up for a MONEY fight or he could face Manny or Bradley when they leave Top Rank this year provided he is successful moving up.

what do you guys think?
    move up
    33.33%
    defend his title
    66.67%

I'm a fan but he doesn't win his next fight.

Comment

I think he looks perfect at the weight, he doesnt look like he would manage welterweight properly yet

Also I would like to see him dominate the division...we rarely see people do this anymore

Stay in this division....Beat every single top contender....then move up in a few years

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Garcia should move up....he has already defeated 3 out of the current top 10 junior welterweights and after he beat Matthyssee there arent too many lucrative fights at the weight for him....the winner of Jean-Peterson? Provodnikov is with Top Rank and is a step down in competition in my books no matter how exciting he is.

At 147 he can fight a tune up or immediately go for one of the lower top ten guys. Broner, Maidana, Malignaggi, Thurman or Porter....2 OF them hold major titles and it could set him up for a MONEY fight or he could face Manny or Bradley when they leave Top Rank this year provided he is successful moving up.

what do you guys think?
        Take that strap from maidana or porter. He should target a champ if he's moving up. He beats both those guys imo

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
          Take that strap from maidana or porter. He should target a champ if he's moving up. He beats both those guys imo
          agreed was thinkning the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
            I think he looks perfect at the weight, he doesnt look like he would manage welterweight properly yet

Also I would like to see him dominate the division...we rarely see people do this anymore

Stay in this division....Beat every single top contender....then move up in a few years
            If i was his manager I would have him build a legacy at 140 for a while, maybe pick up that IBF strap and clean out like you said then move up.

If he wants to make the big pay days, there is no where to go but up to 147.

As a fan I'd rather him go to 147 sooner than later

Comment

I would like for him to take Peterson's strap then move up, take a ease-in fight to fit into Welterweight with someone like Robert Guerrero, Paulie Malignaggi, Andre Berto, Jessie Vargas.

Of course I believe he wins all those fights, but after that he should be aiming for the top spots and fighting Thurman/Porter/Maidana/Broner/Marquez/Bradley

Comment

no more than one more match at 140 imo

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
                  I don't think he can just up and take the strap from Porter.

He should fight Maidana.

Comment

Its up to him, if he wants to stay at 140 his whole career nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X