Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Mayweather fighting Guerrero over Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man the standard Floyd is held to is astronomical. It's a solid bout, doesn't set the world on fire but it is good.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Incorrect.

Opponent A might think that opponent B is going to be an easy fight and selects him.

but opponent B beats opponent A.

Possible reasons(Some of the below are similar):
      - Lucky punch.
      - Punchers chance.
      - Opponent B was actually better than opponent A thought.
      - Opponent A took the fight too lightly and under-trained.
      - Opponent A was injured/cuts in the fight.
      - Opponent B came in with a great game plan. Opponent A didn't.
      - Opponent B had the fight of his life.
      - Styles makes fights. Opponent A was actually tailor made for Opponent B.
      - Opponent A is better in every way over Opponent B but Opponent B was able to capitalize on Opponent A's weaknesses.
      - Opponent C was going to be tougher than opponent B. So opponent A took the easier fight being opponent B. Therefore, cherry picking by selecting the easier fight.
      What's your point ? Anything can happen in a fight ... A cherry pick is when you pick someone who you "think" can't beat you.

Comment

They will stack that fight with undercard fights that will help in the PPV number department. They will also sell it to us by saying the winner of Floyd vs Guerrero will fight the winner of the undercard fight of Canelo vs TBA.

Since Floyd hasn't fought in a year, it will also help boost up the numbers.

So they want to stretch this out a but so they make more money. There plan is to have Floyd vs Canelo in September not May.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
          What's your point ? Anything can happen in a fight ... A cherry pick is when you pick someone who you "think" can't beat you.
          I agree. Anything can happen in a fight and I also agree that a cherry pick is when Opponent A "thinks" that Opponent B has very little chance of beating you ..... but by saying anything can happen in a fight then one can understand how its still possible for opponent B to win even though the odds were low going into the fight.

example: Not saying this was a cherry pick but lets just say it was:
          Tyson and many boxing critics thought that Buster Douglas had no chance to win but Buster Douglas won. As we both agree, its boxing and anything can happen, right?

So Floyd may think that Guerrero has no chance of beating him but only once they fight can everyone's prediction be assessed.

Floyd thought that Castillo was going to be a relatively easy fight. Not saying it was a cherry pick but Floyd's estimation of Castillo was wrong.

Comment

because Guerrero is a blown up Superfeather weight instead of a strong undefeated Junior Middleweight.

I haven't read through the thread but let me guess. His fans are saying "Money May aint neva gonna get no credit!"

Comment

Floyd never gets his credit, he has beaten alot of good fighters (even though he should have fought some of these guys when they were younger but a win is a win) the truth is 154 is to big for floyd he has nothing to gain going up there if he wins "canelo was overated and overhyped with a weak resume" if he loses half the ppl on here will finally celebrate and remember the date mayweather lost forever. i think the ghost will lose but he will come to fight and maybe make it a little nasty for Floyd but imo floyd should leave canelo alone and dont even consider trout, But there's no doubt about it since no more pac/mayweather discussion canelo is the biggest payday out there

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSun View Post
                I thought it was Floyd "Money" Mayweather? I thought Floyd was looking for the biggest fights that will make him the most money?
                Why hasn't Canelo headlined his own PPV if he is a cash cow?

Why hasn't Canelo fought a real 154lb fighter?

Floyd will make 30 million no matter who he fights in May. Guerrero just happens to be the guy who he is going to fight. This thread is kind of stupid & pointless I must say, not to be disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                  Cherry pick is an opponent who has no chance of beating you.
                  Are you insinuating that Mayweather is ducking Canelo in May only to fight him in September? Also let me ask you this: Who has Canelo been in the ring with or defeated that leads you to believe that he has a chance to defeat Floyd Mayweather? This kid is 22 years old and hasn't been in the ring with any elite competition.

Do you believe that Canelo's career has been more proven than Roberts?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    because Guerrero is a blown up Superfeather weight instead of a strong undefeated Junior Middleweight.

I haven't read through the thread but let me guess. His fans are saying "Money May aint neva gonna get no credit!"
                    So you would approve of Canelo, who's a JMW, to fight yet another WW? Canelo himself hasn't even faced a strong undefeated JMW but you are trying to facetiously criticize Floyd? Since when is a guy who moves up in weight and wins titles in that weight class considered blown up? If Mayweather moved up and fought Canelo or Martinez & lost would you say that they beat a "Blown up SFW"?

I mean you have a cheater in your avatar, I am not sure if I should take your post seriously now that I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Automaton View Post
                      So you would approve of Canelo, who's a JMW, to fight yet another WW?
                      Log off kid

Comment

Working...
                      X