No announcement yet.

The MYTH that iOS "JUST WORKS" exposed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    Watching that video... and having an Iphone and Ipad... I completely agree with it.
    I watched it on my iPhone yesterday. I definitely agree with a good chunk of it. There are a lot of things that I don't like about it. There are things I don't like about Droid as well. It just feels kind of clunky on all the phones I've messed with. I'm sure I could get used to it and would like certain things better but I'm sticking with my iPhone for now.

I have to say, every time I see an iPhone commercial, I seriously contemplate throwing the god damn thing against the wall. I can't stand the commercials. "With the new iPhone, you can do anything." :jerk: So fucking annoying. Don't get me wrong, I really like the phone and think it's sweet but some of these idiots make me sick with the elitist crap.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      I watched it on my iPhone yesterday. I definitely agree with a good chunk of it. There are a lot of things that I don't like about it. There are things I don't like about Droid as well. It just feels kind of clunky on all the phones I've messed with. I'm sure I could get used to it and would like certain things better but I'm sticking with my iPhone for now.

I have to say, every time I see an iPhone commercial, I seriously contemplate throwing the god damn thing against the wall. I can't stand the commercials. "With the new iPhone, you can do anything." :jerk: So fucking annoying. Don't get me wrong, I really like the phone and think it's sweet but some of these idiots make me sick with the elitist crap.
      Yep... Co sign....

Comment

just for fun, im bored.

Comment

I have the Gnex and its an absolute beast!

to whoever was talking about iCloud, apple was late to the cloud party and failed miserably. Dropbox is my fav atm i sync everything with my phone and dropbox via dropsync. the file management on android cannot be compared to ios (non existent).

btw if anyone uses google+ and google docs, you can upload and edit a doc via a hangout session with someone. this takes cloud to a new level. i edited one of my research proposals the other day and i can't believe how easy it is rather than just sending it back and forth between people.

the vid posted shows the "little things" that i cannot give up and move to another platform atm.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFan View Post
            I have the Gnex and its an absolute beast!

to whoever was talking about iCloud, apple was late to the cloud party and failed miserably. Dropbox is my fav atm i sync everything with my phone and dropbox via dropsync. the file management on android cannot be compared to ios (non existent).

btw if anyone uses google+ and google docs, you can upload and edit a doc via a hangout session with someone. this takes cloud to a new level. i edited one of my research proposals the other day and i can't believe how easy it is rather than just sending it back and forth between people.

the vid posted shows the "little things" that i cannot give up and move to another platform atm.

I have yet to try the google+ hangout with docs collaboration. I've heard great things about it! I might just make up a doc and try it out with some friends. Google+ is pretty amazing. It's just unfortunate that facebook and twitter are so big and people are resistant to change.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                All apple computers at my new job. I'm in hell!

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                  All apple computers at my new job. I'm in hell!
                  lol what do you do?

and just to state my stance again I think Apple makes good products/hardware. But they are not innovators nor leaders when it comes to breaking or new technology. Their software is always outdated and limited and it's intentionally bogged down to get their customers to pay for the upgraded version the next year. I would never give my money to a company who takes me for an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                    lol what do you do?

and just to state my stance again I think Apple makes good products/hardware. But they are not innovators nor leaders when it comes to breaking or new technology. Their software is always outdated and limited and it's intentionally bogged down to get their customers to pay for the upgraded version the next year. I would never give my money to a company who takes me for an idiot.
                    I'm a distribution/fulfillment coordinator at a company that does screen printing and embroidery (among other things). It makes sense that we have crApple computers for the creative side of things. We have a team that designs all the logos and what not so that makes sense. For what I have to do, they are less than ideal. I'd much rather have PC's for what I do along with all of the great programs that I could be using.

Our main program for keeping track of inventory and warehousing logistics is inferior to what I'm used to. The problem is, not many business software companies make software for Macs. I just really don't like apple computers and this is coming from an iPhone user. To be clear, I am not a fanboy and don't think they make the best phones or anything, I just like it and it's what I'm used to. I was thinking about switching but with all the apps and **** I have, I didn't want to have to start all over on a different phone.

Comment

so back in January i went on vacation back home to the islands

i was taking pictures at the beach and accidentally dropped my i4S in the water...i was so pissed

it wigged out at first...really wigged out...speakers didnt work, phone would shut off on its own...couldn't make calls...it was dead, so i thought

i turned the freekin thing off and didnt turn it on til i got back to the US

when i turned it on, it seemed to have recovered about 80% of what got messed up ie. the speakers worked, i was able to make calls, camera worked again etc

but for the past couple of weeks, it started to crap out again...i was having network issues...i couldnt turn the phone off, the battery would die within hours...i had to get it changed

i took it to Verizon yesterday after work and the lady looked at it...checked the port and said 'that's water damage...i see corrosion'

her: '...you have insurance so if you want a new one, you can pay the $175 deductible and get a new phone'

me: 'if i pay that, you guys will transfer my contacts right now?'

her: '..no, we're not gonna give you the new phone, you have to call a number and they'll mail it to you'

me: 'so i have to pay AND wait?'

her: '..yea, unless you wanna try your luck at the apple store...i doubt they'll give you a new one'

at this point, i started looking around...i checked out the Galaxy since ive always wanted a bigger screen and a better front cam...i talked to an rep about seeing what they can do...since i would have paid $175, maybe there was a way i could get my hands on that instead

i REALLY wanted that galaxy...the rep said he was gonna call his manager and try to work something out...told me to come back after 30mins

during that 30mins i thought to myself 'what the heck, let me get pissed off at the Apple guys for not hooking me up with a new phone'...that way i wont feel bad switching

so i went to apple...

they looked at my phone...looked at the port...the dude looked at me and asked if i got the phone wet...i told him 'yea kinda'

he goes 'all good man...it happens...i'll hook you up'

new i4S in hand...never went back to the Verizon store

Comment

Working...
                      X