No announcement yet.

The middle part of my pecs hurts from dips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The middle part of my pecs hurts from dips

The middle part of my pecs hurts from dips. Today I did dips 25 times, did some other muscle works, then did dips 26 times. So, 51 times altogether with like a 3 minute break (50 squats, 50 reverse sit ups, 10 half pull ups, etc). So, the number of times I can do dips is increasing (as in I am getting stronger although it is not really visible physically in terms of protruding muscles). The middle part of the pecs (not sure if this is muscles or joints with bones) feels awkward with a slight pain. Feels like "it can snap off" or be dislocated if you know what I mean. A couple years ago when I was doing dips, I could even sometimes hear bone sound (like cracking knuckles). I am told that this has to do with the stretching of the pec muscles, but I want it to go away. Right now, I am just taking a break (like 1 day of exercise then 1 or 2 days of no exercise) after exercise. Not sure what else to do. Do pec stretching before doing dips? I am doing dips 2 sets because someone told me to do 2 sets.

By the way, this training & nutrition forum is awfully quiet these days.

It is because you haven't done dips in a while. The muscle is "reawakening" for lack of a better word. It will be sore for a week or so but you should be ok after that. make sure you are eating enough protein and calories so your muscles recover as well as have energy. If you are still doing that diet where you eat very little I would stop because you won't gain muscle.

Comment

I am not trying to gain muscles. I am just trying to maintain what little muscles I have until the diet is over. Then I will gain muscles & get fit after I start eating right.

My arms or pecs don't feel sore or awkward. They feel exercised, but that's about it. The middle part of my pecs (feels like a joint dislocating) feels awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by wilberbear View Post
        I am not trying to gain muscles. I am just trying to maintain what little muscles I have until the diet is over. Then I will gain muscles & get fit after I start eating right.

My arms or pecs don't feel sore or awkward. They feel exercised, but that's about it. The middle part of my pecs (feels like a joint dislocating) feels awkward.
        You're such a lazy person.

Comment

That too, but I read from an English newspaper that exercises don't really drop the weight much while increasing the appetite (hence, bad for weight loss). Unless you are just adjusting weight, for dropping fundamentally with body fat, gotta cut down on the calories with minimum exercises so that your appetite stays low. Also, what the newspaper said matches with my diet results. Besides, 26 is my max for dips at the moment anyway. I can't do the 27th.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
            You're such a lazy person.
            Who wrote this on your heavy bag critique post?

There isn't really a quick shortcut or a quick trick. Just hard work towards quality.

Comment

That too, but I read from an English newspaper that exercises don't really drop the weight much while increasing the appetite (hence, bad for weight loss). Unless you are just adjusting weight, for dropping fundamentally with body fat, gotta cut down on the calories with minimum exercises so that your appetite stays low. Also, what the newspaper said matches with my diet results. Besides, 26 is my max for dips at the moment anyway. I can't do the 27th.
              Word of advice...The correct way to research exercise and fitness in general is to find MANY sources that say the same thing... like at least 5 reliable ones. I learned this over the last 3 years.

Weight training and calisthenics break down the muscle and in turn the muscle requires protein to rebuild itself and make itself stronger. You will see minimal strength gains at first because your body is adapting to the new exercise. You won't see much strength gains in the future though if any at all.

The appetite is your body telling you that it needs nutrients to repair itself after a workout. Your body does all of its growing at night which is why it is wise to finish your workout about an hour to 30 minutes before going to sleep for the night.

You can lose weight by weight training, you just have to do it properly. Doing low reps with heavy weight is optimal for weight loss because it requires more energy from the body thus burning more calories. The formula to lose weight is to take in less calories than burned off. So if your body requires 1500 calories to maintain your bodyweight then burn of 500 through weight training, you are only getting 1000 that whole day thus over time you will lose weight. This is obviously inaccurate unless you weigh like a 120 lbs with a slow metabolism but you get what I mean.

Comment

I found many references for the basic facts while none (at least what counts as references & can be traced back to written references) against the base facts: 1. exercises increase appetite. 2. exercises do not lose fat that much. 3. cutting down on calories drop down the weight. Also, the increased metabolism from muscle gain is not significant enough.

https://www.quora.com/How-many-calor...-push-ups-burn

10 minutes of push ups burn 57 calories if you weight 150 pounds.

It's better to eat 57.1 less calories & not do 10 minutes of push ups calorie-wise.
                Last edited by wilberbear; 09-19-2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I found many references for the basic facts while none (at least what counts as references & can be traced back to written references) against the base facts: 1. exercises increase appetite. 2. exercises do not lose fat that much. 3. cutting down on calories drop down the weight. Also, the increased metabolism from muscle gain is not significant enough.

https://www.quora.com/How-many-calor...-push-ups-burn

10 minutes of push ups burn 57 calories if you weight 150 pounds.

It's better to eat 57.1 less calories & not do 10 minutes of push ups calorie-wise.
                  I'm talking about weight training. If you can't find any websites that refute your claims then you are obviously cherry picking the websites. Regardless if the website is right or wrong, you can find a source that will disagree with every topic under the sun.

Not everybody has the same metabolism, if we did then the majority of people in the world would have the same bodyweight, generally speaking.

Metabolism is the rate of chemical reactions in the body, not just how fast you burn calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                    I'm talking about weight training. If you can't find any websites that refute your claims then you are obviously cherry picking the websites. Regardless if the website is right or wrong, you can find a source that will disagree with every topic under the sun.
                    Among them, some of them have "actual references" that count as references like journals. Some of them are made up or referencing to what had been made up with no way of tracing back to any journal. On every topic.

What are you trying to say? That weight training burns a lot of calories? The logic on push up works the same in heavier weights. They are all just weights.

Comment

Working...
                    X