Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff M.: Floyd is training with Roger for a fight in England.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kobulingam View Post
    This is a calculated lie. No way would Jeff be the one to spread this news if it were real. Hed be outcasted from the rest of the mayweather clan if he was the first to spread the truth. This is not true... it is just a calculated lie to make everything (including the pacquiao camp) believe that Mayweather has other options and is in no rush.
    he is already the black sheep of the family anyways

Comment

Would Collazo be a good idea?

Comment

Why not Cotto ,Margarito , Mosley, Williams or Clottey?

Just continue to duck everyone and using the 147 to let smaller fighters move up in weight
        FLoyd is an ugly duckling!

Comment

Originally posted by holdthatthought View Post
          why? he hasn't fought since september.. and the pacquiao fight probably won't get made until summer 2010.. why not have a tuneup fight inbetween?
          It's fine if it's a tune-up fight. But if he avoids the Pacquiao fight that the public is clamoring about..

Comment

So Mayweather will have 2 tune-ups for Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeDamnSure View Post

Just continue to duck everyone and using the 147 to let smaller fighters move up in weight
              Shouldn't he tune up against a south paw?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeDamnSure View Post

Cotto: just got beat up by Pac and didn't seem the same since Margarito. Why fight him if he will just get ripped for it.

Margarito: F this guy...cheater. Plus, he won't get credit since he has already been KO'd by Shane.

Mosley: if he can get a fight by Feb-March, I don't see why not. And yes, kind of hypocritical because Shane cheated as well but...it's up to you.

Williams: same reason why Shane and Pac won't fight him. Possible after Pac because if he loses to Williams, he can forget a fight with Pac.

Clottey: Maybe. no money though. Floyd's about Money, not legacy.

He'll probably be better off getting a sout-paw like somebody mentioned to prepare him for Pac.

Either way, as long as he fights back next year which may be closer to the Summer, during the Summer, or even after depending on when Pac will be ready...he can do what he wants.

Shane at 147 seems the best option unless he is taking this to England then...not sure...although I could see that fight selling if the British public wants it. Usually though they may prefer their own as an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Probably.........

Here is something: People rip Floyd for never fighting outside of the States, yet now that he wants to....not allowed...even though there will be enough time for this bout to take place then on to Pac who won't be back until May-Sept. of next year most likely.
                  Last edited by Benny Leonard; 11-25-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by My 2 Cents View Post
                    This according to Jeff Mayweather, brother of Roger and uncle of Floyd. Check out the link: [URL="http://www.examiner.com/x-10947-Indianapolis-Fight-Sports-Examiner~y2009m11d25-Uncle-Jeff-says-Floyd-is-training-with-Roger-now-for-a-fight-in-England-not-against-Pacquiao"]
                    Article: Uncle Jeff says Floyd is training with Roger now for a fight in England- not against Pacquiao

If the super fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is to happen, fight fans might have to wait a little longer if rumors are true that "Money" intends to fight in England first for his 2010 debut fight before he even contemplates stepping in the ring with the "Pac Man".

Various websites have reported before and after Pacquiao's recent fight with Cotto than Mayweather intends to head to Europe for his next fight. Recently in an interview conducted by me colleague Chris Robinson fo the Las Vegas Boxing Examiner beat, Chris quoted Floyd's uncle Jeff Mayweather saying,
                    “I think it’s a situation where Floyd isn’t worried too much about anything. He knows eventually that he is going to have to step up to the plate and make things happen. For the most part he has the intention of having a fight in England. I think he is focusing on that more than Manny Pacquiao. I think he is going to try to make that happen then move on to the Manny Pacquiao fight. I’m not sure who he is fighting but I know that Roger is training him know.”

Personally, I think a fight of this magnitude will be held towards the end of 2010 perhaps around September to November. I also heard some talk amongst insiders within Team Pacquiao that they could possibly entertain a third bout against Juan Manuel Marquez if a fight against Mayweather can't get ironed out. Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach was also quoted saying he'd rather Pacquiao taken a well-deserved break, take care of his political commitments and fight Mayweather at teh end of the year as a boxing Congressman.

Honestly I don't mind a fight with Marquez prior to facing Mayweather because it's an accepted notion that if Pacquiao beats Mayweather, he will finally hang it up and call it a career. 2 is better than one. And besides, why not take care of a little unfinished business first, get paid before he steps into the ring for an climactic ending? We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      What about his fight with Marquez then.. Was that supposed to be a tune up also? Why the heck does he need a tune up when he can just pick up lefty sparring partners.

Floyd is celebrating his 5 years anniversary at the Welterweight Division and the best he can do is fight Baldomir.

He should put his ass up back to 140 if all he does is let all his opponents move up to 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X