Hector Camacho vs Howard Davis Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hector Camacho vs Howard Davis Jr

Thanks for posting this fight here.

Two of the fastest fighters you'll ever see although Davis Jr was on the decline by the time this fight happened. Camacho on the other hand had abandoned his earlier crowd-pleasing style, becoming a dull, cautious clincher who avoided punch exchanges.

In this particular fight he fought more like the Camacho of the early 1980's.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post

Two of the fastest fighters you'll ever see although Davis Jr was on the decline by the time this fight happened. Camacho on the other hand had abandoned his earlier crowd-pleasing style, becoming a dull, cautious clincher who avoided punch exchanges.

Oh there was no douting Davis had seen better days, going into this fight he had only won one of his last 3, drawing and losing the other 2. Do he had managed to get a draw with a 12-0 Meldrick Taylor. He was also 31 years of age.

After the Camacho defeat, Davis would continue to decline, he did carry on to win some fights, but against soft oppostion, and the two significant fights in that run he was knocked out both times, by Buddy Mcgirt in 1 and by Dana Rosenblatt in 2.

Always pretty amazing, how with Davis's amature pedigree he didn't even manage to get a World Title, or make any real serious money out of boxing. His career was a letdown by all means, I belive he now helps MMA fighters with there boxing.

But forgetting pro's he is one of the best amature's the USA has ever produced and should be proud of all what he accomplished in the amature ranks.

Comment

Buddy McGirt vs. Howard Davis

Comment

If Hector had caught the 1981-1982 version of Howard, may have been a different story.

Comment

Hector is crazy!

Comment

thanks man!!! green K

Comment

Camacho outboxed Davis, which is a pretty good feat. Davis didn't have the best defense or the best chin but he was tough to outbox, the way in which Camacho won this surprised me the first time I saw it.
                Last edited by Silencers; 07-15-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post

Do you think he would have fared better against chavez had he done this? I remember the way he talked before that fight, had you believing he would. I was only 9 years old, but that fight was absolutely huge in my household.

Comment

Another Howard Davis Jr Fight...........

Comment

Working...
                    X