RJJ vs. Hagler at 160lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    Roy had a good chin.

He got knocked by tarver after gaining muscle for heavyweight and dropping it right away (25 pounds of muscle) that messes you up scientifically.

He was never hurt at 154 160 or 168.

He is bigger than leonard who outboxed hagler off a long layoff. Good fight , but roys reach and height and speed and power present problems for hagler. Roy had tremendous boxing iq and reflexes in his prime.

Roy ud or late stoppage
    the hagler srl fought was the shell of hagler. thats like saying the holmes tyson beat was the real holmes. theyre practically the same size. it would have been rjj speed vs haglers relentless pressure.

btw, no one kos hagler. good luck knocking him down.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      He was green, but he was also very big for a middleweight, hence the reason he moved up so quickly. He just couldn't make the weight. So it would be a green, but bigger and still very fast Jones vs a much more experienced, very skilled but much smaller Hagler.

Tricky one. It's hard to tell quite how Jones would have handled someone like Hagler at that stage, though I do think Jones would have given anyone in history trouble. 15 rounds?

Jones was also roided and Hagler was not. It makes a difference.
      Typical fanboy stuff, there was no drug testing in pro boxing in the 80s and PEDs have existed since god knows when, don't believe me? Tell me 1 fighter that got caught in the 80s for PEDs by any commission at any weight class.

How many fighters got caught in the 2000s? Hundreds of them, plus the fighters of the past fought 15 rounds and didn't gas, u see fighters today gas after 8 rounds despite the new technology and nutrition, u see the cut ripped to shreds physiques of fighters from the 80s and compare them to the fighters of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Roy Jones' MW career is waaaaay overrated. He beat Hopkins, Tate, and Castro for his only significant wins. Literally just one title defense. He outgrew MW fast, was fighting at SMW before he fought Hopkins, then had 3 more SMW fights before his one defense vs Tate.

At MW while each were champions; prime Hagler all day every day.
        You're looking at his abilities not analysing his actual MW resume.

He fought Tate just months before he fought Toney. So that was essentially the same guy who fought Toney, only a little lighter. He was 25 at that point.

The version of Roy who fought Tate wasn't green, and that would have been a great match up against Marvin.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Roy Jones was really good, not great, at 160.
          He was great, he just didn't have great fights there.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
            royds dont win fights.
            They certainly can. For example if Mcgregor had of been on roids against Diaz he wouldn't fade the way he does...

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
              They certainly can. For example if Mcgregor had of been on roids against Diaz he wouldn't fade the way he does...
              i said ''do''. as in conclusively. give me just one fight, JUST ONE, where royds won that guy a fight he wasnt supposed to win.

Comment

i said ''do''. as in conclusively. give me just one fight, JUST ONE, where royds won that guy a fight he wasnt supposed to win.
                All the fights in history that have been made into NC's because of failed drug tests have an argument for it.....

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  All the fights in history that have been made into NC's because of failed drug tests have an argument for it.....
                  but which fight was won because the guy took royds and he had no business winning ? can i at least get an unbiaased scientific link to support the royds guarantees a win in boxing ?

anything other than this request would be a waste of both of our times.

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                    He was great, he just didn't have great fights there.
                    Can't say he was then IMO. He barely fought there even after he won the title

Comment

the hagler srl fought was the shell of hagler. thats like saying the holmes tyson beat was the real holmes. theyre practically the same size. it would have been rjj speed vs haglers relentless pressure.

btw, no one kos hagler. good luck knocking him down.
                      Hagler could box too, and he wasn't slow either. Agreed that the Hagler Ray fought was seriously diminished.

Comment

Working...
                      X