No announcement yet.

Who (or what) is Jan Zaveck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who (or what) is Jan Zaveck?

He's the IBF champ at 147, but has anyone actually seen him? Likewise the guy whom he beat - Isaac Hlatshwayo - seems to be a total nobody. Since they stripped Clottey, what is with this belt always being completely distant from the other 3 which are all prominent and headlined on HBO? Also, why does The Ring not have a champion at 147? The 2 premiere p4p fighters in the world are in it, ffs!

This is one division which ain't getting unified or cleaned out anytime soon.

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
    He's the IBF champ at 147, but has anyone actually seen him? Likewise the guy whom he beat - Isaac Hlatshwayo - seems to be a total nobody. Since they stripped Clottey, what is with this belt always being completely distant from the other 3 which are all prominent and headlined on HBO? Also, why does The Ring not have a champion at 147? The 2 premiere p4p fighters in the world are in it, ffs!

This is one division which ain't getting unified or cleaned out anytime soon.
    I watched him.

I cut it off in disgust.

Comment

A bum with mediocre talent, whom nobody can believe actually owns a belt. Unless he fights Alvarez, you're right, those belts are never getting unified again. I think Zab will be the last unified champ for a loooong time.

Comment

How does such an awful fighter get a belt in the most prestigious division?

Comment

That bad, huh?

Comment

Comment

There's a disgusting stink of anti-European racism in this thread.

Jan Zaveck deserves his IBF title as much, if not more, than anyone. How many American boxers would have had the courage to go face the champion in his home country of South Africa?

And not only did he win the title on the road, he won it in an impressive way:

Comment

ive got some of his stuff but havent watched them yet. i havent heard good things in all honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
                  OH MY GOD IT'S AN AGENDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shut the fuck up about that ****. Nobody cares. I didn't make this thread to talk about racism. Out of all the negative threads about any fighter, you had to single out this one as 'racist' just because it struck a personal nerve. You are messed up, seriously.

Jan Zaveck deserves his IBF title as much, if not more, than anyone.
                  Why's that, then? Pacquiao won his title in style, just as Mosley did his. Berto... I can't even remember who he beat. It was ages ago and IIRC not much of a name.

How many American boxers would have had the courage to go face the champion in his home country of South Africa?
                  Plenty of American boxers have made the trip to the Klitschkos' backyard, as have those who have gone to Montreal, the UK, etc.

And not only did he win the title on the road, he won it in an impressive way
                  He looked average, and he beat an average fighter. Just by looking at that one fight, I think it's clear that any of the current titlists at 147 would beat him.
                  Last edited by PittyPat; 04-20-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Jan Zaveck deserves his IBF title as much, if not more, than anyone. How many American boxers would have had the courage to go face the champion in his home country of South Africa?

And not only did he win the title on the road, he won it in an impressive way:

My criticism of him has absolutely nothing to do with his race. I just think his style is mediocre. Who knows, he does have a lot of time to prove he isn't a bum though. Let's see if he steps up to fight Saul Alvarez.

Comment

Working...
                    X