Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner,tearing $20 bills and flushing them down the toilet.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the United States, burning banknotes is prohibited under 18 U.S.C. § 333: Mutilation of national bank obligations, which includes "any other thing" that renders a note "unfit to be reissued". In an amicus brief for Atwater v. City of Lago Vista, Solicitor General Seth Waxman writes that arresting an individual who removes the corner dollar values "may expose a counterfeiting operation". It is unclear if the statute has ever been applied in response to the complete destruction of a bill. Certainly people have publicly burned small amounts of money for political protests that were picked up by the media — Living Things at South by Southwest, Larry Kudlow on The Call — without apparent consequence.

The question of legality has been compared to the much more politically charged issue of flag desecration. In 1989, in a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the Flag Protection Act, former U.S. Attorney General William Barr testified that any regulation protecting something purely for its symbolic value would be struck down as unconstitutional. The Senate report recommending passage of the Act argued that Barr's theory would render 18 U.S.C. § 333 unconstitutional as well. In a dissent in Smith v. Goguen, Justice Rehnquist counted 18 U.S.C. § 333 in a group of statutes in which the Government protects its interest in some private property which is "not a traditional property interest". On the other hand, the Government's interest in protecting circulating currency might not be purely symbolic; it costs the Bureau of Engraving and Printing approximately 5 cents to replace a note.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      when has anyone been arrested for throwing away 60$
      I wouldent know my friend, but it is a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
        May I ask whats this trend regarding people saying "he young doe". Does it have any relation to his rap song?
        Naa...Its just in relation to him being young, doe.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
          Naa...Its just in relation to him being young, doe.
          i still find it funny, is it an nsb meme for ABron?

pero ta joven. also the pictures crack me up!

Comment

Comment

Haha, Broner so young doe

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                you know thats not his real twitter right lol, i dont even think lucas can speak english

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Haha, Broner so young doe
                  Yeah man, he jus a baby...he gotta crawl 'for he can walk.

Comment

Which of the Broner nuthuggers actually started this he young doe excuse?

Larry? (sorry, don't call me out for a fight)

Comment

word is broner new song will be entitled "I Beez Youngs Doe"

Comment

Working...
                      X