Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr: "I'm not afraid of Martinez"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe him, IMO no fighter is afraid to fight another one. It's the managers and promoters that are afraid to match up fighters because they might lose their investment or cash cow if their fighter doesn't come out on top.

Either way Martinez beats him easily.

Comment

He loses that belt he probably loses the Cotto fight. Cotto wants that 4th weight division.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        He loses that belt he probably loses the Cotto fight. Cotto wants that 4th weight division.
        Exactly, if he loses his belt, why would Cotto fight him? Not even money, Cotto can make as much or more fighting anyone because he is a real draw.

Cotto should just try and fight Martinez, Maybe at a catchweight for the MW belt(I would hate that, full 160 or no titles) or if Martinez drops down to 154, then its better. Or try and rematch Pacquiao after that any other fight Cotto has everything to lose!!

Comment

No fighter should be in the sport unless they want to fight the best, too much emphasis is placed on locations, money, basically promoters tryin their damdest to milk their fighters rather than just making the fights the fans want to see. Im no Chavez Jr fan, very unproven for the ammount of fights he's had, but fact is he has the belt and want's to be a name off his own accomplishments not in his father's shadow forever

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
            Exactly, if he loses his belt, why would Cotto fight him? Not even money, Cotto can make as much or more fighting anyone because he is a real draw.

Cotto should just try and fight Martinez, Maybe at a catchweight for the MW belt(I would hate that, full 160 or no titles) or if Martinez drops down to 154, then its better. Or try and rematch Pacquiao after that any other fight Cotto has everything to lose!!
            I agree. Martinez would beat him but I think it would be competitive and Cotto can give a real good showing for himself while going for it all. At this stage of his career it's like why not?

If they're on remotely good terms that's a fight I could see made between the two.

I also think unifying 154 titles with Canelo would be fine, it's just a difficult fight to make. Although for some reason I can see it happening if GBP thinks he's ready.....I think GBP could be under the impression that Cotto is past it and Canelo could beat him and TR can be under the impression that Cotto would walk right through him and look at it as a low risk fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $
              if that's the case then why not fight pirog in his homecountry. 6 mil is a lot of money , something he might not even get with either pac or floyd.

Comment

Wait, I though Chavez was getting stripped this week as it is? Whatever

Lets see if Slimey Suliman has a shred of decency....

Comment

"I have a fight with Rubio, then an optional defense with Cotto, and then maybe Canelo, and of course there's Rustico Torrecampo next ... then I'll fight Martinez, but I'm not afraid of him at all"

Comment

Jr.'s entire career depends on that fraudulent "0" given his hereditary background. He may not be afraid as a fighter, but the thought of losing his public almost certainly petrifies him.

Comment

Wasn't Manfredo an "optional" defense as well? Was that a fight that people "wanted to see" also? How many optional defenses is the bum going to be allowed? And if they're optional, and he's not afraid of Martinez, then why doesn't he choose the option of fighting Martinez. He was not obligated to fight Manfredo, and he is not obligated to fight Cotto, but he still chooses to fight them instead of Martinez. What a fraud, and if Sulaiman does not keep his word of stripping Chavez Jr if he doesn't fight Martinez next, then the WBC should be boycotted by every promotional company[except of course the equally corrupted Top Rank]. I want to see the mismatch that is Martinez vs Chavez Jr so bad because I want to see Chavez Jr get pummeled and TKO'ed, I want this to happen to every Top rank fighter for being part of th ebiggest cherrypicking company.

Comment

Working...
                      X