No announcement yet.

Ricky Burns vs Ray Beltran Tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Burns vs Ray Beltran Tonight

I will be covering the whole bill tonight from ringside. I will pass a link to all the fight reports through the night when they are ready.

Regarding main event. I expect Ricky to be too good for Beltran. If Beltran doesnt push Burns back then he will get beaten from the outside. Beltran has to get inside where he is incredibly accurate.

Styles makes fights and this will be a good one.

Ricky by late TKO (could be cuts) or wide UD

@fightscore....cheers and looking forward to this fight.

Read the Boxing News preview of the fight on Thursday and it was an interesting piece with the acknowledgement that Beltran was properly dangerous, had been in the UK for over two weeks and were here to win and also that his record was far better than it looked.

If Burns has a second 'off' night then he could be in heaps of bother against this guy but I am expecting him to react positively to his last performance and get back to moving well, throwing lots of jabs and gradually stepping-in and hitting Beltran with flurries of shots.

Its not a 'given' Ricky wins this one, but I sense that Beltran will have to do something epic to win at the SEC.

Comment

Working...
    X