No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its hard to fight a guy whos constantly running from you

Marquez said himself that floyd doesn't like to fight aka he likes to put his track shoes on

Comment

The bias in this place is so comical.

People whine and moan about donaire picking on smaller guys and Floyd beats a lightweight half his size and he's the G.O.A.T
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-27-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
        I have no idea what youre talking about. Im not trying to flame but you lost me with this post.
        you said pbf didn't ko jmm because he respect him. get out of that BS. who wouldn't ko jmm knowing you will be better than what pac (archnemesis) has done? you very well know that pbf wants to stop the midget for him to have bragging rights against pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
          I dont think anyone knew he would get outclassed like that..it has never happened to him before
          Yeah I was fully expecting him to lose as was everyone else. I just did not expect him to lose so badly. He simply fought a bigger version of a master counter puncher. Floyd made him fight as the aggressor. He was like a fish out of water. Floyd controlled the distance with his range and Marquez simply could not get off.

Styles do make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
            Hey Larry how do you feel about the current state of boxing? I'm going off on a tangent but this thread shines light on a sad truth, both of these guys are near the end of the road. So are guys like Cotto and Maravilla. I don't think they have more than 2 years left, I haven't found anyone else to be a fan off lately... PWill's career came to a screeching halt... Ortiz turned into a pansy for some reason...

Sure there are some explosive young guys coming up, but they just don't tick with me. What guys are you keeping your eye on?
            There is alot of young talented fighters and they will get more attention once Floyd and Manny retire..the new face of boxing will be Ward imo

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
              We'll see because he will fight Canelo. And when Floyd beats him fairly easy NSB will explode with the bum threads, the he was green threads, etc
              We both know that is no matter who he beats or how he beats them though!

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post

didn't ko? who wouldn't do it knowing you will be better than your archnemesis doing that?

pbf never really opens up because he gets tagged everytime doing it. go figure, all his damage was done thru potshotting and narrowing the gap afterwards.
                Silly comment.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Silly comment.
                  how? even the kd happens on his potshot moving forward and narrowing the gap.

when he goes for the kill, that's the time jmm landed meaningful blows. then he stops and shoulder roll jmm to death and potshot again..

rinse and repeat.. for 12 rnds..

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    I think people really underrate Floyd's performance in this fight. He looked amazing! Marquez is small for a WW but I really didn't expect him to get outclassed that badly. Marquez is one of the best counter punchers in the game and he could barely do anything against Floyd. Floyd is just a stylistic nightmare for JMM. It wasn't just the size that was giving him trouble and anyone who says it was, is full of it. Size was a factor but speed and ring smarts that negated anything he tried to do. It's not like Floyd was bullying him around with his size. He was just to damn fast and smart and Marquez just followed him around and let Mayweather counter the hell out of him.
                    the biggest issues that marquez had were the length and size of floyd mayweather. he couldn't reach him, and if he did mayweather easily absorbed the blows with his shoulders and gloves.

marquez was too far away to punch effectively, and mayweather's defense was too strong for marquez to do anything if he could get close enough. the punches looked like they were coming from a man many weight classes too low, which is exactly what they were.

floyd is the better boxer and better counterpuncher, but that's not why the fight looked so one sided. marquez couldn't reach mayweather. when he did his punches had no effect. regularly he would have turned into a warrior, but he didn't.

it was the only time marquez ever let off of the pedal and stopped trying to win, and that was because of the size. he couldn't hurt him if he got to him, and he couldn't reach him anyway. he was getting hit with punches he couldn't take.

unrelated :
                    the reason the fight went 12 was not that mayweather honored marquez by allowing him to continue. it's because floyd mayweather is not an aggressor, and marquez stopped taking the risks that would have allowed floyd to damage him enough for the stoppage with his counterpunching.

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
                      how? even the kd happens on his potshot moving forward and narrowing the gap.

when he goes for the kill, that's the time jmm landed meaningful blows. then he stops and shoulder roll jmm to death and potshot again..

rinse and repeat.. for 12 rnds..
                      if ANYONE goes in for the kill against Jmm..they gone catch some mean ass punches...hence why he has NEVER been ko'd

Comment

Working...
                      X