Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't believe no one is talking about Guillard.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    Guillard wouldn't knock Gomi out. If anything I think it'd be a good fight with 2 guys who will stand and throw with eachother until Gomi knockes Guillard out....
    Not sure, Gomi really shows lack of head movement and he got hurt pretty bad by Nate in their last fight.

I think that Gomi KTFOs him but I don't think that it will be a slugfest type of fight

Comment

Guillard wouldn't knock Gomi out. If anything I think it'd be a good fight with 2 guys who will stand and throw with eachother until Gomi knockes Guillard out....
      Every southpaw Guillard has faced he has raped on the stand up.
      He dropped Nate Diaz like 3 times (before jumping into that Guillotine like a ******) and he brutally knocked Evan Dunham TFO.

His right hand is lightning fast and he would be to fast for Gomi.
      I think it is funny how mma fan always overhype Japanese fighters yet many of them get embarrassed in the UFC.

Takanori Gomi is 1-3 in the UFC with him getting dominated or humiliated in all of those losses.
      Gomi hit the Flash KO lottery win of the year in his win against Tyson Griffin who took the fight in a week notice.
      Tyson wasn't even top 10 at the time.

Gomi came into UFC with a massively impressive 2 fight win streak over 2 bums.
      Then he got owned by Florian and people still hyped him up.
      When he lost and got out struck by Guida the UFC announced Gomi vs Barboza and people still hyped him up saying he was going to KO Barboza who is a far better striker then Guida and Florian.

Guillard was on a 5 win streak over legitimate opposition like
      Evan Dunham(who was close to a title shot)
      Shane Roller
      Jeremy Stevens.

Melvin got overconfident and payed for it, but Gomi beating him?????
      I can't honestly see who Gomi could possible beat in the top 15- 20 of LW's

Gomi is a one armed, one dimensional brawler these days.
      The guy doesn't deserve to be in the UFC honestly.
      But I guess a nut rider has to hype up a win that one of his favorite fighter got
      Last edited by Mohammedini; 10-11-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
        Every southpaw Guillard has faced he has raped on the stand up.
        He dropped Nate Diaz like 3 times (before jumping into that Guillotine like a ******) and he brutally knocked Evan Dunham TFO.

His right hand is lightning fast and he would be to fast for Gomi.
        I think it is funny how mma fan always overhype Japanese fighters yet many of them get embarrassed in the UFC.

Takanori Gomi is 1-3 in the UFC with him getting dominated or humiliated in all of those losses.
        Gomi hit the Flash KO lottery win of the year in his win against Tyson Griffin who took the fight in a week notice.
        Tyson wasn't even top 10 at the time.

Gomi came into UFC with a massively impressive 2 fight win streak over 2 bums.
        Then he got owned by Florian and people still hyped him up.
        When he lost and got out struck by Guida the UFC announced Gomi vs Barboza and people still hyped him up saying he was going to KO Barboza who is a far better striker then Guida and Florian.

Guillard was on a 5 win streak over legitimate opposition like
        Evan Dunham(who was close to a title shot)
        Shane Roller
        Jeremy Stevens.

Melvin got overconfident and payed for it, but Gomi beating him?????
        I can't honestly see who Gomi could possible beat in the top 15- 20 of LW's

Gomi is a one armed, one dimensional brawler these days.
        The guy doesn't deserve to be in the UFC honestly.
        But I guess a nut rider has to hype up a win that one of his favorite fighter got
        Maybe you missed the fight, Melvin got hurt with a jab. It's funny how people always bring up Nate or Nick when discussing other fights to try and diss me somehow. I see you remember Nate beat him though, so I don't see your point. Not a single person you mentioned stood infront of Gomi and traded with him except for Nate, because he does have KO power. Guillard and Gomi are basically the same exact fighter, except Guillard smokes crack....

Comment

Maybe you missed the fight, Melvin got hurt with a jab. It's funny how people always bring up Nate or Nick when discussing other fights to try and diss me somehow. I see you remember Nate beat him though, so I don't see your point. Not a single person you mentioned stood infront of Gomi and traded with him except for Nate, because he does have KO power. Guillard and Gomi are basically the same exact fighter, except Guillard smokes crack....

And Gomi at least knows how to sub. So when in doubt, Guillard gets Bennett'd.
          Last edited by F l i c k e r; 10-11-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

He's a better fighter than that, I think he was just a little too amped up.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              And Gomi at least knows how to sub. So when in doubt, Guillard gets Bennett'd.
              You're right, Gomi has better wrestling and subs than Guillard too.....

Comment

The Guillard hype train always starts up and then is abruptly shut down; this last time just happened to be the furthest it's gotten.

He beat Ruedigar and Davis and everyone said he'd be amazing! He then got dominated by Joe Stevenson and Rich Clementi. Then he beat Siver and Tibau, and everyone KNEW he was for real THIS TIME. Of course, he then looked like an idiot against Nate Diaz. And we all know how this last run went.

He has a weak chin and no submission skills. He's nothing more than a punchers chance wrapped up in superior genetics.

Comment

Working...
                X