Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you root for a boxer who beats up women?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you root for a boxer who beats up women?

Personally I think it's very low for a man to beat up a woman. Men should always be gentle with the weaker sex, and a man of honor would never physically hurt a lady.

I would never count a Juergen Braehmer, a Carlos Monzon or a Floyd Mayweather among the fighters I want to see win.

How about you?

Would you be rooting for a man who beats up women like Floyd, or for a good man of strong character who loves his wife like Robert Guerrero?
    Rooting for Floyd Mayweather
    33.08%
    Rooting for Robert Guerrero
    31.58%
    Neither, I just want to see a good fight
    21.80%
    I'm not interested in this fight
    13.53%

The poll is expired.

it's not a good thing.

But I will say when you're trained to throw punches and be aggressive since the age of 8-10 or whatever, and do that day in & day out your entire life, it's not as easy to simply press the "off" button. Sometimes, I'd imagine, a boxer's instinct when angry is to strike or get physical since it's in his nature and has been programmed to do so his entire life. Obviously some guys are better than others and don't have the problem, but for certain people, maybe specific personality types, it's not that easy.

But if we are going to make a list of boxer's who have hit a women, the list would be MASSIVE.

Comment

Hell to the NO!

Man i hope Guerrero wasnt offered a deal for this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Personally I think it's very low for a man to beat up a woman. Men should always be gentle with the weaker sex, and a man of honor would never physically hurt a lady.

I would never count a Juergen Braehmer, a Carlos Monzon or a Floyd Mayweather among the fighters I want to see win.

How about you?

Would you be rooting for a man who beats up women like Floyd, or for a good man of strong character who loves his wife like Robert Guerrero?
        Bold part: You must not be very good in bed.

And the Klits get paid to beat up on women so I don't know why you're complaining.

Comment

If I already like them, it doesn't matter, but I don't approve of it at all.

Comment

I would mark my decision based on the boxer and not his personal life. Sometimes things happen in other peoples lives that we just dont know or understand. What we read in the papers or on the internet isnt always true.

So its easier to speak on what we do see...like the boxers fights.

Comment

As with all jobs I judge the individual based on what it is they are supposed to do. For example President Clinton got a bj from a Bossy look alike and the repubs got their panties in a twist, I dont care about his personal life only his accomplishments at leading the country. Likewise, with Floyd, I appreciate his ring craft not his domestic problems. Their are old Marquez gay rumors and I dont give a f@k I just love to watch him fight. I think that grown men should not care about the personal lives of other men. Especially in pro sports.

Comment

I don't know how I can root for either one.

On one side you got a wife beater, on the other you have a guy exploiting his wife's life threatening illness for fans.

Not interested in this fight. Hoping for a double KO.

Comment

I agree with you.

I don't respect or support women beaters or people who use drugs in boxing. But even in this fight, I'm simply not interested enough to buy it. I'll watch it on stream.

Comment

What they do in their personal life is their business I pay attention to what they do in the ring. Floyd beat up women It doesn't affect me I don't approve of it but it doesn't affect me also Oscar did coke and put on pantyhose once again it doesn't affect me manny slept with hookers while married also doesn't affect me I don't care just get in the ring then go away

Comment

Working...
                    X