Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez is one of my favorite active fighters, but I still think Junior will win. Junior will come in over 180 (and, amazingly, not be weight-drained after weighing in at 160 the day before! Go figure). Junior will get the ring size he wants: very small. The small ring will negate Martinez' ability to avoid shots. Junior will use his weight to tire Martinez and stop him late. Martinez will be punching a CW, so his punches won't have the same effect they did on Williams or his last couple of victims.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post

Great vids bro!

Comment

Perro, have you come up with a reasonable and/or rational way for Jr to win this fight. Cuz he's Mexican and he's tough just isn't good enough. If you just said "I'm a Jr fan and I hope he wins", I'd let it go. But you make statements like "the best middle weight in the world". To be the best MW in the world you have to be the undisputed champion, and thats Martinez (hint: he won it in the ring, not by gift from a crooked uncle). You also post that Martinez only has dozens of fans and you might be right, but on the 15th, it won't be a popularity contest. Unfortunatly for Jr, its gonna be a boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
            Unfortunatly for Jr, its gonna be a boxing match.
            I don't need a valid example because I know who will be victorious. I personally welcome you to quote this exact post after the fight and laugh at me. It's coming soon enough, I'm sure you can wait. Fortunately Sergio won't upset too many fans after he loses to his superior.

Comment

I didn't think you could come up with anything. I strongly suspect you are less than 25yrs old and have been a boxing fan for a short time. If you had some boxing knowledge to draw from you would recognize both fighters strengths and weeknesses and come to the rational realization that Martinez has way more advantages and the few strengths that Jr has won't be enough to get past the numerous strengths of Martinez. I'm not a huge Martinez fan, but he wins this fight.

After the 15th, we've seen the last of you!

Comment

I didn't think you could come up with anything. I strongly suspect you are less than 25yrs old and have been a boxing fan for a short time. If you had some boxing knowledge to draw from you would recognize both fighters strengths and weeknesses and come to the rational realization that Martinez has way more advantages and the few strengths that Jr has won't be enough to get past the numerous strengths of Martinez. I'm not a huge Martinez fan, but he wins this fight.

After the 15th, we've seen the last of you!
                Yup, I am younger than 25, feels great being young! If this was really a one sided mismatch then why is this one of the most anticipated fights that could be made in boxing? People exaggerate when they speak on Martinez' "strengths". He's not as good as people say he is, and Jr. will KO him.

Comment

Perro, make your arguement young man. I'm listening. Logical, well thought out statements and facts please

Comment

Perro, make your arguement young man. I'm listening. Logical, well thought out statements and facts please
                    Sept. 15th, that's all you need my friend. His size and consistent pressure alone is all he needs to beat Martinez. Then you can add in other factors.

47-0.

Comment

• Cmon, you can do better than that. Jr brings nothing that Pavlik didn't, except he's more dedicated to the body and thats not enough for the same thing to happen that happened to Pavlik. He got bloodied, beat up and he lost. Same thing for Jr.

Tell me how you see the fight unfolding? Once again, logical, well thought out statements and facts please

Comment

Working...
                      X