No announcement yet.

Strikeforce events are knockoutville

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikeforce events are knockoutville

Vicious knockout after vicious knockout after vicious knockout, a few guys careers were ended tonight best card i've ever seen in my life boxing or mma

Originally posted by thiago View Post
    Vicious knockout after vicious knockout after vicious knockout, a few guys careers were ended tonight best card i've ever seen in my life boxing or mma
    I wouldnt say best card ever. There were a couple of decisions but a real good card and a card full of finishes the SF BADLY needed.

Who was laid out worst Smith or Lindland?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
      I wouldnt say best card ever. There were a couple of decisions but a real good card and a card full of finishes the SF BADLY needed.

what do you mean they badly needed, this isnt a one off for strikeforce their cards are always full of stand up wars they purposefully filled their roster full of strikers and knockout lovers opposite to the ufc who stacked their roster full of wrestlers and grapplers, strikeforce houston, strikeforce heavy artillary, strikeforce st louis have all been literally FULL of highlight reel career ending knockouts

Comment

Smith's looked worse imo but Lindland was out of it even when they announced the winner...sick card!!!!!!!!!!

Silva vs Kyle was a good scrap too.

Comment

Man... Best Strikeforce event ever, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by thiago View Post
            what do you mean they badly needed, this isnt a one off for strikeforce their cards are always full of stand up wars they purposefully filled their roster full of strikers and knockout lovers opposite to the ufc who stacked their roster full of wrestlers and grapplers, strikeforce houston, strikeforce heavy artillary, strikeforce st louis have all been literally FULL of highlight reel career ending knockouts
            Ok they all have been filled with full of Highlights but they aint moving no tickets. There deal on CBS is worthless now since CBS was dissappointed in both the ratings and the post fight brawl. Unless they are in Cali they cant move more the 8,000 tickets elsewhere. If if they do it aint 8,000 PAID tickets.

Strikeforce is not only number two, but a FAR number two in the Market and the only reason there number two in my opinion is because the WEC is officially the UFC.

I get what your saying, SF puts on great cards, but when you a smaller fish in an industry basically run by Zuffa, every single highlight worthy card is badly needed.

Comment

Ok they all have been filled with full of Highlights but they aint moving no tickets. There deal on CBS is worthless now since CBS was dissappointed in both the ratings and the post fight brawl. Unless they are in Cali they cant move more the 8,000 tickets elsewhere. If if they do it aint 8,000 PAID tickets.

Strikeforce is not only number two, but a FAR number two in the Market and the only reason there number two in my opinion is because the WEC is officially the UFC.

I get what your saying, SF puts on great cards, but when you a smaller fish in an industry basically run by Zuffa, every single highlight worthy card is badly needed.
              Strikeforce is a clear #2, but they're getting better. They won't be #1 any time soon, but the fact is that the UFC does a lot of **** wrong. We'll see if Strikeforce and it's management can take advantage and carve out a niche market. They definitely have consistent ratings on Showtime.

I don't get why people get caught up into the whole UFC v. X promotion. That's fucking stupid. I'm a fan of MMA and I will gladly enjoy both. Especially when Strikeforce events are free for me on Showtime.

Comment

if strikeforce keep providing awesome heart racing highlight reel knockouts theyve got a fan for life in me!!

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                  Strikeforce is a clear #2, but they're getting better. They won't be #1 any time soon, but the fact is that the UFC does a lot of **** wrong. We'll see if Strikeforce and it's management can take advantage and carve out a niche market. They definitely have consistent ratings on Showtime.

I don't get why people get caught up into the whole UFC v. X promotion. That's fucking stupid. I'm a fan of MMA and I will gladly enjoy both. Especially when Strikeforce events are free for me on Showtime.
                  This isnt Strikeforce VS UFC, this is business. And strikeforce at least in my opinion isnt a clear number 2. Bellator has put just as many if not more highlight filled and action packed cards.

You say the UFC does a lot of **** wrong but thats every company. Hell they refused to deal with Fedors management and now SF is dealing with the headache.

Trust me I want SF to succeed. The reason I stopped watching pro wrestling aside from the fact that i outgrew it was because the WWE was basically the only dog in town left. But the real fact is that aside from there shows in California. Every other town they go to the gate is less then 9,000 people. And trust me, ive studied entertainment business for a bit and all companies including the UFC give away a lot of tickets. When your out of state shows have less then 9000 people go to the show you can bet at least 3,000 tickets were given away for free be it giving extra tickets to fighters for there family or contest promotions. As a matter of fact SF's last show which was in there bread and butter, the HP pavillion in San Jose, which was headlined by Nick Diaz had less then 8,000 people in attendence.

Those numbers are great for a regional promotion but when our the supposed number two in the biz with fighters who command some pretty high salaries (Hendo Alistair Fedor) those attendances just dont cut it. Especially with the way expenses work.

Look at DREAM. They put on great cards too, but the Attendences werent up to par and money just wasnt coming in which forced them to stop paying some fighters.

Hopefully this doesnt happen to SF, and im def a SF fan, if you look at the MMA section alone, i was one of the very few talkin about tonights card on here, but there gonna need a lil more support. Hell look at the MMA section all the topics were about TUF finale today

Comment

Working...
                  X