Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrell dominated Abraham. Arthur was flustered and looked bad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep hearing people saying Dirrell was on the verge of getting KO'd because Dirrell was tired....I am sorry,but Dirrell in the 11th round still was moving pretty quickly,so if he was "tired",it was only just a notch,because he was still moving non-stop until the illegal punch.
    Also,anyone accusing Dirrell of "acting" the ko from the illegal blow-ask yourselves if Dirrell was not really ko'd (as you insinuate) while he took a flush punch he was not expecting,did not see,and did not have his defense up- how the hell was Arthur going to stop him if he did have his feet to move and keep distance,his gloves up,and was able to hit back????
    Abraham had 11 rounds up to the time he got DQ'd to KO Dirrell,but he fell short of implementing his only gameplan in the fight-to look for the "lucky" punch.
    Anyone who only has a "puncher's chance" in a boxing match are usually people who can get outclassed...and that is what we seen tonight.Abraham lost nearly every round and that "one punch" was not going to win him a fight if it never landed.
    3 of the very things that lost a "professional" like Abraham this match-
    a lack of matched skills,a singular gameplan and the illegal blow.
    Last edited by damned1974; 03-28-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Good post. Another exposed overated mediocre fighter. Also, European.........lmao.

Comment

it appeared abe expected he could get help from ref like he does in hymieland.

i'm not a supporter.
        finaly speed did abraham in. he had a good run against the euro types.
        i don't hold it against him for being frustrated and taken that swipe at dirrell.
        it happens. just keep his mouth shut.

the real serious thing that should be discussed is the slippery logos
        that actualy may have changed the outcome.
        abraham was coming on. and dirrell was being silly up against the ropes.
        i had it 97-92 dirrell.

Comment

I agree with the title, but Dirrell had started to crack a little bit and a late KO was not out of the question. Would have been a very interesting 12th round.

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
            Easy fight for dirrell, outboxed a 1 dimensional boxer all fight. Abraham didnt know how to box against dirrell, andre was the fatser, better boxer by far.
            rounds 1-7 were easy. He wasnt looking to good at the end though. He was well ahead on my scorecard and the judges, but it would not of surprised me at all if Arthur knocked him out if the fight continued.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              I agree with the title, but Dirrell had started to crack a little bit and a late KO was not out of the question. Would have been a very interesting 12th round.
              I could be wrong (we all could!),but to me,it looked like Dirrell knew he was extremely ahead on the cards and was just being evasive and not willing to take silly unneccesary risks or trade for too long in the 11th (and possibly 12th round).
              He had built the lead,knocked Abraham down (not 1 person has ever done this) and looked impressive-he set out to look impressive and achieved his goal....unfortunately the damn illegal punch had to happen and now boxing gets another controversy!
              Sure,we can assume all sorts of things,but Abraham had the prior 11 rounds to do what he trained for...to try and get a ko in the final 2 rounds would be a stupid gameplan no matter who you are!

Comment

let's be honest here Abraham vs Dirrell

First of all, Abraham was cut from a head butt...secondly Abraham's knockdown was a flash knockdown and when Dirrell was knocked down the blind ref called it a slip robbing Abraham of a 10-8 round then in the 9th when Abraham had Dirrell in trouble in the corner against the ropes the ref stopped them and put them in the center of the ring, then in the 11th Dirrell knew he was in trouble from a very aggressive Abraham and running out of gas, slipped trying to escape and Abraham , caught up in the action, trying to get this guy who thought he was on 'Dancing With The Stars' to fight, let one go and was DQ'ed Abrahams only mistake was fighting this guy in his hometown and drawing a very biased ref

Comment

Working...
                X