Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 2600 dollars a month too little for child support?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Is 2600 dollars a month too little for child support?

Allison Mathis, the 32-year-old mother of a daughter that Miami Heat star Chris Bosh had out of wedlock, became one of the stars of the NBA Finals that saw the Heat win last week its second world championship.

Mathis, of course, didn’t play. But she decided to take advantage of the focus on the stars of the Finals to blast Bosh for what she claims is his lack of interest in her and her daughter’s fate. Mathis also shocked the world by applying for food stamps while Bosh makes $18 million a year.

Check out the first part of Gossip Extra‘s exclusive interview with Mathis, in which she talks about changes in Bosh’s personality after his arrival in Miami, finding out she was pregnant, and getting fitted for wedding band although the wedding never happened:

In the second part (below), Mathis discusses her struggles on Bosh’s $2,600-a-month checks, losing her job, applying for food stamps and being forced by Bosh’s legal team to reject a $12,000-a-week job with VH-1′s popular show Basketball Wives:

My opinion:
    Personally I think she needs to stop crying and get a damn job. Child Support is exactly that it's for the child to receive support not for the mother to live a life of luxury. She thinks she deserves to be rich for having his child how ludicrous.

She should give the child to Chris after it's born so she can support Chris with her foodstamps.

Comment

Greedy BI°CH!

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
        She should give the child to Chris after it's born so she can support Chris with her foodstamps.

LOL! But seriously Chups this woman is getting 2600 a month more than enough to support the child. Instead of getting a job and supporting herself she expects Bosh to support her even though they are not together. If she can't take care of things even when getting more than a lot of people make in a month then She should give up custody. Even so I'm sure if She handled the situation with a llittle more class Chris would increase her payments a couple of hundred dollars a month. I mean Chris is a softy.

Comment

Yes that is too little...now we (the taxpayers) have to support his kid while he sits on 20 mil a year

You try working a full time job with a baby...hes got her pregnant so he should pay. What's worse is that he's not allowing her to actually get the job

Comment

That's $31,200 of child support a year.

Sounds like $2,600 is what Bosh is supposed to give for child support.

I don't know why a child needs more than that. There are people who work really hard and $31k is their yearly salary. This is a child getting that. And this child will get more than that once she gets older. Daddy is gonna have to shell out more money for his daughter when she asks him for it, but right now that's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Yes that is too little...now we (the taxpayers) have to support his kid while he sits on 20 mil a year

You try working a full time job with a baby...hes got her pregnant so he should pay. What's worse is that he's not allowing her to actually get the job
              She's not pregnant she already had the baby. Remember this is a baby it doesn't need much at this age.
              She doesn't have to work full time she is getting 2600 dollars a month from Chris Already. If she works part time and only brings in an additional 1000 dollars a month that is enough cover rent+utilities and have money left over. Sure they won't be living in a mansion but they can get a decent place for under 700/month.
              You believe that they're paying 12 million dollars a year for her to be on TV?
              She can't get a job because she has no skills the only thing she would be going on TV to do is talk about Bosh. Which she can't do because I think she signed a non-disclosure agreement lol. She has every excuse in the book and by slandering her child's father in the public I'm sure she is going to receive less help now.
              I think she should get denied for food stamps and the authorities should tell her to woman up and get a job.
              Last edited by hhnic718; 06-26-2012, 05:29 PM.

Comment

There must be much more to the story, she must be sitting on money or something because judges don't give that kind of child support, usually it is a big ass sum

Comment

Raptors have always been greedy with their food

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    That's $31,200 of child support a year.

Sounds like $2,600 is what Bosh is supposed to give for child support.

I don't know why a child needs more than that. There are people who work really hard and $31k is their yearly salary. This is a child getting that. And this child will get more than that once she gets older. Daddy is gonna have to shell out more money for his daughter when she asks him for it, but right now that's good.
                    Exactly....

Comment

Working...
                    X