Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last time Floyd faced 1 punch KO power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last time Floyd faced 1 punch KO power?

I'm raking my brain trying to remember the last time Floyd fought a real 1 punch KO type of guy. Maidana is extremely limited but he has that 1 punch crack. Even though I feel Matthysse is the bigger puncher of the 2 and better all around, Floyd hasn't fought a guy that can punch like this in ages. I'm not saying Maidana is beating Floyd, I feel Mayweather will be able to expose Chino's limitations. Still can't remember the last time Floyd fought a real puncher like this though.

who did maidana knock out with 1 punch?

Comment

you could argue that Mosley punches harder. You could also argue that Canelo is a harder puncher when you factor in the size and weight advantage

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        you could argue that Mosley punches harder. You could also argue that Canelo is a harder puncher when you factor in the size and weight advantage
        Canelo and Mosley don't have the KO ratio of Chino. Granted Mosley was in with better competition. I can see the arguement of Canelo if you argue he hurt Lopez faster than Maidana did but the size disparity in that fight was very wide as you alluded to. Mosley is more of a physically strong fighter but not necessarily a huge puncher after he moved up from lightweight. Maidana dropped Broner early for the first time in his career. I think that fight was the fight where Maidana finally adjusted to the WW division. Even when he was small for the division he was able to KO Soto Karass faster than Thurman did. Maidana hasn't actually had the 1 punch KO power as he has faced top competition as one might argue but he has badly hurt Broner, Ortiz, Karass, Lopez and Khan and mutilated Morales' face. Canelo beat up a small Lopez. I'd say Canelo has a lot to do before his punching power can be compared to Chino's

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          THis is boxingscene, dont try to argue with mentally challenged people

Comment

To answer your question, Victor Ortiz.

Comment

Mosley was still a very good puncher when he fought Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Boston_southpaw View Post
                To answer your question, Victor Ortiz.
                Ortiz is a solid puncher and that definitely came to mind. That fight was definitely getting interesting before the strange KO took place. It was interesting theater while it lasted though

Comment

carlos baldomir. everyone thought baldomir would knock floyd out with a single punch and floyd schooled him.

Comment

Marcos may have Ko'd Karass earlier than Thurman but honestly Thurman's KO was more brutal. But like everyone else said I think Ortiz and Mosley hit's harder or just as hard definitely Canelo. True the Lopez fight you can argue the weight but he really beat the hell out of Lopez to a point I felt bad he was in the ring

Comment

Working...
                    X