Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes beat Trout 3x's, Berto and Bradley & Lara is a threat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
    NSB goes through fads all the time on certain fighters and for some reason a lot of you guys act like Lara is the second coming of SRL... His only decent win is against PWILL even though he lost the fight.. other than that, he has fought nothing but a bunch of tomato cans who he should of knocked out..

In the amateurs "the nightmare beat Trout 3 times, Berto and even Bradley and you all act like he is some kind of bum... I wouldnt doubt the Nightmare takes Lara into deep waters and KO's him in the 11th...

But again, this thread will prove that Lara is just another NSB hyped up fighter
    I like Vanes, I think he's a bit underrated, and although your examples are from the Amateur game, I'm really looking forward to this fight

Last edited by SCEN3RY; 10-04-2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Molina isn't an elite SWW??? He beat Cintron, when he was a Top SWW, and arguably won against Lara, who schooled Williams. He was also beating Kirkland before the weird DQ. Molina is without a doubt one of the Top 5 154 lb fighters in the world.

So because Williams struggles with Southpaws, that should take away from Lara absolutely dominating him????

Lara is going to f**k Vanes up.
      Im sorry but running in and holding a fighter for 3 mins of every round doesnt classify a fighter as elite... I would rather watch manny vs clottey 100 times before i watch another molina fight...

Also Im giving Lara the pwill fight but every southpaw that paul faced he looked like crap against... quitana and sergio also got to pwilly

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Let's not act like Vanes is an elite fighter. Lara/Vanes is a toss-up to me, and I think Lara will pull it off.
        Oh I know my boy isnt elite yet... i only consider Floyd, Cotto and (gulp) Alvarez to be elite in the 154 division... everyone else is jockeying for position in that division or is just at contender status. I will say that the winner of this fight will be elite status and as well as Trout if he pulls off a win against Cotto

Comment

Oh I know my boy isnt elite yet... i only consider Floyd, Cotto and (gulp) Alvarez to be elite in the 154 division... everyone else is jockeying for position in that division or is just at contender status. I will say that the winner of this fight will be elite status and as well as Trout if he pulls off a win against Cotto
          Canelo is perceived as "elite" because he has GBP and a big fan-base behind him. IMO, he's a 2nd-tier fighter. The winner of Lara/Vanes needs to fight Canelo to be perceived as elite by the casual fan.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Canelo is perceived as "elite" because he has GBP and a big fan-base behind him. IMO, he's a 2nd-tier fighter. The winner of Lara/Vanes needs to fight Canelo to be perceived as elite by the casual fan.

How do you classify fighters as elite and who all would you consider to be elite?

Comment

lara may have gotten some unnecessary hype, i agree, but with that said, vanes is not in the same league as lara, and lara will take vanes to school. comparing wins in the amateurs does not mean remotely close to the same thing in the pros. A knockdown counts the same as a jab in the AMs for gods sakes, what a silly comparison, but whateva...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                lara may have gotten some unnecessary hype, i agree, but with that said, vanes is not in the same league as lara, and lara will take vanes to school. comparing wins in the amateurs does not mean remotely close to the same thing in the pros. A knockdown counts the same as a jab in the AMs for gods sakes, what a silly comparison, but whateva...
                haha i know it is, I was just saying that he has the ability to be great and its not his fault Top Rank moves fighters along slower than turtles run

Comment

I know Vanes hasnt fought anyone professionally worth a lick but he had a stellar amateur career. Although he had 10 defeats, he avenged all of his losses except for 1 I believe
                  I don't know why you bring the vanes amateur resume here..just for you know Lara was the captain of Cuban national team, he is 2 times world amateur champion, olympic champion, 4 times panamerican champion, 5 times Cuban national champion..has an outstanding record of almost 400 wins against 6 loses i belive...vanes don't mach Lara in absolute nothing, Lara is in another level..

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                    I don't know why you bring the vanes amateur resume here..just for you know Lara was the captain of Cuban national team, he is 2 times world amateur champion, olympic champion, 4 times panamerican champion, 5 times Cuban national champion..has an outstanding record of almost 400 wins against 6 loses i belive...vanes don't mach Lara in absolute nothing, Lara is in another level..
                    Your general point is correct, Lara was a better amateur than Vanes, but your facts are way off. It's easily checked he was a 1 time world champ, and never an olympic champ. I dont even think he participated in the olympics

Comment

Timothy Bradley lost to Andre Berto twice in 2003, he also lost to Alfredo Angulo, and like you said Vanes Martirosyan. Obviously, all of these guys are huge, and this was Jr Middleweight. Look at them all as pros now, Tim Bradley is the most successful one of them all, despite the controversial fight against Pacquiao.

Vanes and Angulo have, by far, been the worst of those 4.

Comment

Working...
                      X