Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonnyboy's Lennox Lewis appreciation thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2
    Lately on the forum, some members are making out former contender Razor Ruddock of Canada to be a "World Beating Fighting Machine" But who did Ruddock ever beat?.. Was Ruddock a great boxer?... Does he deserve all this Kudos?...
    "The most talented boxer i ever fought was Ruddock ,the guy in his prime could do it all ,he had speed ,foot work power in both hands,his jab was like a ramrod if Tyson wasnt there he would have been a champion"L.Lewis

This is the same Ruddock that Holmes had to fire as a sparring partner for being to good "Razor to sharp for Holmes " article .

This is the same Ruddock who was the only guy in history who went toe to toe with Tyson in two fights for 19 rounds .And does have a win over Lewis as an amateur .

You can say he doesnt have that one major win but i'll take going 19 viciousrounds with Tyson of 91 anyday over a watered down resume like Bowe had.
    Ruddock was Ruddocks biggest weakness ,poor management and overall training decisions ,add to the fact he won recently at 51 years of age ...........
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-10-2015, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Michael Dokes, Phil Jackson, Greg Page, Bonecrusher Smith, and Mike Weaver.

Which was a pretty solid list of contenders for the time.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
        Michael Dokes, Phil Jackson, Greg Page, Bonecrusher Smith, and Mike Weaver.

Which was a pretty solid list of contenders for the time.
        Be careful now common sense is border line not usually allowed in a sonny thread...

Comment

Talk about a load of garbage Which of Ruddocks fights do i need to watch so i can see "Ruddock could do it all ,he had speed ,foot work power in both hands,his jab was like a ramrod "?... Ruddock never won a single round against Tyson in 91. he offered nothing. Ruddock was brutally beaten because he lacked everything you claim him to have in abundance..

An amateur victory over Lewis is meaningless. They are both Canadians who fought each other numerous times. Jose Louis Gonzalez defeated Lewis on several occasions as an amateur. Also defeating Riddick Bowe in the amateur ranks..

Ron Lyle won fights when in his 50s

You wouldn't even have a thread here if Holyfield didnt run off to fight the much slower ,older Foreman out of fear and Bowe turning down a Ruddock fight as well,just goes to show once again you really dont know much before you post ,as your asking a question who he beat when no guy other than Tyson would fight Ruddock in his prime...no amount of talent would have saved him or anyone else against 91 Tyson that night.......
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-10-2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Talk about a load of garbage Which of Ruddocks fights do i need to watch so i can see "Ruddock could do it all ,he had speed ,foot work power in both hands,his jab was like a ramrod "?... Ruddock never won a single round against Tyson in 91. he offered nothing. Ruddock was brutally beaten because he lacked everything you claim him to have in abundance..

An amateur victory over Lewis is meaningless. They are both Canadians who fought each other numerous times. Jose Louis Gonzalez defeated Lewis on several occasions as an amateur. Also defeating Riddick Bowe in the amateur ranks..

Ron Lyle won fights when in his 50s
            Anybody presenting a real threat to Mike was rare for quite some time, but out of the contenders he put down, Razor was one of the better and least coked out ones.

Comment

Hasim Rahman poleaxed Heavyweight Champion Lennox Lewis in 2001.. Rahman never Knocked Out any other Top 25 rated boxer other than Corrie Sanders, during his entire career.. Would his punch which poleaxed Lewis have knocked Out other great Heavyweight Champions like:

Muhammad Ali
              George Foreman
              Mike Tyson
              Evander Holyfield
              Joe Frazier
              Rocky Marciano
              He would k.o Frazier and Marciano if he connects as they were never hit by any power puncher around 240 and showed they could be rattled by far less punchers,he would most likely not k.o the others but be a threat,if he k.od guys over Sanders he would be the champion so its not worth the effort in explaining why mental aspect is just as important taking a punch as a physical one when taking a punch.Lewis would beat Rhaman 4 out of 5 times on his worst day as the skill level i think is that vast .
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-10-2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Cooney's lefhook had more force than anyone else's. It was the hardest lefhook in heavyweight history. That mighty lefhook needs no excuses. He would do well in any era. Of course nowadays he would be undisputed champ.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  but then again i have to remember where i am...
                  Where you are is in the middle of an extended pipe dream with your head up your rear end. I have no doubt you see more clearly that way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                    Where you are is in the middle of an extended pipe dream with your head up your rear end. I have no doubt you see more clearly that way.
                    The problem is you stated lyle was great because he beat shavers,one of the worst technical boxers in the 70's? If my heads up my rear end ,god knows where your's is?

the real joke on you guys is you think hitting hard is legit enough to call someone good,however its also more an ability to not get hit or ability to take a punch...Lyle would not last with the big boys of the 90's anyone would see that if they actually watched the fights and not clips of him.
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-10-2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Would be better than some top guys but dont really see him on a
                      Morrison or Golota level.....i think hes in the mix with the McCall level fighters.Some will argue he dropped Foreman but Foreman didnt have the chin at 220 that he had at 250 plus.
                      pff thats not true, foreman was damaged goods after he lost to Ali. He came forward with his hands down. Who did foreman fight in the 90's that could hit like Lyle?

Comment

Working...
                      X