Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight, Juan Manuel Marquez solidified his ATG status.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight, Juan Manuel Marquez solidified his ATG status.

Most on here and especially in this section know I don't consider Marquez to be an ATG.

I have always felt he is boarderline, on the verge of ATG status. Just behind it. Some agree with me, some don't. And that's all fine.

But, tonight, Juan Manuel Marquez left any doubt out of my mind. He is an ATG.

From this day forward I will adknowledge Marquez as having the W over Pacquaio in the 3rd fight. Like I do for Harold Johnson over Pastrano and Whitaker over Chavez.

I don't feel this fight was a robbery to the level of those fights. But what I do know, is Marquez won the fight. And he won it clearly.

Plenty on here also know I am a big Erik Morales fan, and have always considered Morales to be the levels above Marquez. Well, that's all changed now.

This win over Pacquaio has perpelled Marquez legacy to another dimension. Where is he ranked now?

But, he certainly is at the very least in the same sentance as the great Erik Morales and Marco Antonio Barrea.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    From this day forward I will adknowledge Marquez as having the W over Pacquaio in the 3rd fight. Like I do for Harold Johnson over Pastrano and Whitaker over Chavez.
    Me too. And it is what i will tell my kids and grandkids.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks
      1) you'll probably never find a partner to reproduce with and

2) no one give a **** about your opinion
      way to express your emotions.

Comment

1) You may be right.

Other than that, maybe you should try nsb?

Comment

Someone is going to cry himself to sleep tonight...

Comment

Yeah Marquez solidified himself as a great tonight, everyone, everyone wrote him off and he put on a performance I'll never forget.

The look on his face when that first decision was announced, looked like a part of him died, he put on the performance of his life and this is what he gets ?, the man is a legend and he had his spirit stomped into the dirt by the judges.
            The support he'll get from everyone now will be phenomenal I'm sure but he'll never get that official mark he worked so hard for.

Wonder what's next for him.

Comment

Given the background to the fight, this was one of the greatest performances I've ever seen. An ageing counter-puncher, two weight classes above his weight against fighter of the decade at the peak of his powers. The way Marquez neutralized Pacquiao's offence was amazing. I loved the way he set traps, avoided getting caught on the ropes, effectively punishing Pacquiao when he got reckless. The decision made me a bit sick in the stomach, but that's boxing; the beautiful and the ugly.

Comment

Marquez was already solidified as an ATG after the Juan Diaz fight

Comment

Someone's upset.

Comment

i burst out laughing at this post, dude getting all emotional

Comment

Working...
                    X