Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather's drug testing demands a welcome sight to USADA's Travis Tygart

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather's drug testing demands a welcome sight to USADA's Travis Tygart

Tygart called the urine testing used by boxing commissions across this country “a joke.” And with Grand Rapids native Mayweather trend-setting for improved standards, Tygart’s position on how boxing screens for performance-enhancing drugs has forced the sport to consider whether its stance is outdated.

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...g_testing.html

Originally posted by norrin View Post
    Tygart called the urine testing used by boxing commissions across this country “a joke.” And with Grand Rapids native Mayweather trend-setting for improved standards, Tygart’s position on how boxing screens for performance-enhancing drugs has forced the sport to consider whether its stance is outdated.

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...g_testing.html
    Thanks for posting this

Comment

Originally posted by Agentsmith View Post
      Thanks for posting this
      Your welcome. The woman in your sig has really nice assets.

Comment

I read this over at the east side.

Comment

“It amazes me. I’m not even sure how to respond to such a misperception,” Tygart said of the outdated thinking. “Where has the sport been for the past 10 years, seriously? Candidly, it’s impossible for me to believe that that perception exists about the sport. I think it’s easier to stick your head in the sand and just say ‘We’re not going to do anything about it.’

“When you’ve got 14-year-old in-line roller skaters doping, and you’ve got drugs like insulin, and human growth hormone, and designer steroids, and EPO, and transfusions, that would be extremely potent and effective for a boxer -- even one attempting to cut weight -- then you throw in the whole diuretics and masking agents, the things that you would use along with those drugs to assist you in cutting weight, it’s a ripe area for a doper.”

With a little knowledge and minimal expense, potent performance-enhancers, undetectable via urine testing, can transform a workaday world champion into “the strongest, fittest, pound-for-pound best boxer, with the most punch,” Tygart said.

In fact, Mosley -- who has posted on his Web site that he would agree to blood testing -- passed Nevada’s drug tests during the time he was using steroids.

“They don’t test for EPO,” Tygart said. “They don’t test for designer steroids. They test for a basic, simple menu that anybody with a heartbeat will escape. I just hate to hear that Shane Mosley did something really sophisticated to get around their testing. No, he didn’t. He would’ve been caught dead to rights in our program. But it doesn’t take a lot to sidestep the simple kind of drug testing that these state commissions are doing.”

Tygart said the only way to accurately monitor athletes is through “true, no-notice testing,” adding that with a few hours’ notice, any athlete can mask his or her use of performance-enhancers.

Mayweather-Pacquiao talks ultimately broke apart when Mayweather yielded to a 14-day window before their proposed fight when there would be no blood testing, while Pacquiao only would grant a 24-day window.

“If that’s the case, the other piece is that, prior to that 14-day or 24-day blackout period, what system was in place?” Tygart said. “Were you just using the Nevada, or the state of California, system? If that’s the case, I’m not worried about the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period, I’m worried about the rest of it.”

Comment

Right now, I just don't buy Floyd. I think he knows about Pacman's weakness on blood testing. Pacman's corner should emphasized that they were willing to go for a blood test immediately after the fight. If there there was any PED used during the fight they would have seen it right after. how long does a fight last 2-3 hrs?

They could even have put that at the clause that Pacman should return the money if he will be tested positive right after the fight and overturn any result of the fight in favor of mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by boxme05 View Post
              right now, i just don't buy floyd. I think he knows about pacman's weakness on blood testing. Pacman's corner should emphasized that they were willing to go for a blood test immediately after the fight. If there there was any ped used during the fight they would have seen it right after. How long does a fight last 2-3 hrs?

They could even have put that at the clause that pacman should return the money if he will be tested positive right after the fight and overturn any result of the fight in favor of mayweather.
              you dont understand, why its important to test all the way thru training, do you?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X