Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe Algieri is better than most of you thought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Algieri DID NOT WIN THE FIGHT. Boxing is not purely scored for the guy being the aggressor, it's about who lands the most, throws the most and has the highest accuracy as well as ring generalship and control of distance as well as a wide range of other factors.. I had it 8-4 and maybe 7-5 at worst but no way did Algieri win that. He was being aggressive but he definitely gave up rounds where he was getting outboxed. Good gameplan to throw Khan off as he definitely did not expect Algieri to be a pressure fighter. I've won amateur bouts being on the back foot for a all 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
      Algieri DID NOT WIN THE FIGHT. Boxing is not purely scored for the guy being the aggressor, it's about who lands the most, throws the most and has the highest accuracy as well as ring generalship and control of distance as well as a wide range of other factors.. I had it 8-4 and maybe 7-5 at worst but no way did Algieri win that. He was being aggressive but he definitely gave up rounds where he was getting outboxed. Good gameplan to throw Khan off as he definitely did not expect Algieri to be a pressure fighter. I've won amateur bouts being on the back foot for a all 3 rounds.
      Throwing the most doesn't mean **** if they aren't landing. Like a lot of Khan's flurries which hit arms and gloves. Whilst Algieri was bouncing clean right hands and left hooks off his head. I had it a draw but I'll have to watch again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Throwing the most doesn't mean **** if they aren't landing. Like a lot of Khan's flurries which hit arms and gloves. Whilst Algieri was bouncing clean right hands and left hooks off his head. I had it a draw but I'll have to watch again.
        I phrased that badly, punches thrown and the most landed with most accuracy. And Khan certainly did that, Algieri arguably landed the better punches but in moments and not consistently.

Comment

Algieri also said that he scored 4/5 knockouts in training and that JDJ said that he can punch and he does have good reflexes which he wasn't using before. #ChampionLifestyle

Comment

Khan just sucks.

It was his time to shine and he blew it.

Adios Mayweather!

Comment

it was an audacious gameplan, considering his strengths and weaknesses. i like algieri, he is a quintessential white american athlete: not especially gifted, but confident, determined and intelligent.

Comment

Algieri really surprised me with his come-forward aggressive style and the intensity at which he did it. He pressured Khan, landed some great shots, dictated the pace (most of the fight) and was the aggressor. Very impressive performance by Chris.

The funny thing about this fight is, everyone is saying how impressive Algieri looked and how uninspiring Khan looked - yet Khan is the guy who won

Comment

Take out the Pacquiao fight, when has he looked bad? Needs some power though!

Comment

CA clearly has the intelligence that Khan lacks.

He surprised me, and came out of a close fight with much more credit than Khan.

Khan's straight punches are decent, but his hooks are just flurries of arm punches, he has no timing inside at all.

CA controlled the pace and cut the ring really well.

Comment

Khan's fights are always exciting because of his chin. Doesn't matter who he is in against there is always a possibility that he could get KTFO at anytime because of his chin.

I was surprised in this fight as he took a few clean shots and didn't go down like he usually does. Algieri must have absolutely no power at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X