No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Waits For Pacquiao To Make Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Waits For Pacquiao To Make Decision

WBO junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford (27-0, 19KOs) is waiting on Manny Pacquiao to make a decision regarding his next opponent for April 9th.

Crawford, WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley and British star Amir Khan are the frontrunners to face the Filipino superstar.

Pacquiao (57-6-2, 38KOs) was expected to make his decision last Friday night. He told his promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, that he needed more time to make his selection.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pac needs to retire. Nothing left to prove. Another fight proves nothing. Too much to lose nothing to gain. Why set yourself up as a gatekeeper with one more fight. The only fight that would matter would be a rematch but we know Mayweather will play it safe show no offense and eke out another meaningless decision. Retire Pac, You made the sport exciting and relevant for the right reasons. You're a great man inside and outside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
      Pac needs to retire. Nothing left to prove. Another fight proves nothing. Too much to lose nothing to gain. Why set yourself up as a gatekeeper with one more fight. The only fight that would matter would be a rematch but we know Mayweather will play it safe show no offense and eke out another meaningless decision. Retire Pac, You made the sport exciting and relevant for the right reasons. You're a great man inside and outside the ring.
      Great men show good sportsmanship. They don't lie and make excuses for their losses. They accept them and learn from them.

Comment

I dont think Crawford would become a superstar from beating Pac he doesnt have the back story.It would just be Trevor Berbick beating Muhammad Ali in his last fight all over again. Bradley already had two chances. Much rather see Kahn sink or swim

Comment

T-Bud is the man! I wouldn't count him out over pacquiao or anyone. Crawdaddy should follow the welterweights, I think he will achieve greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Fields View Post
            I dont think Crawford would become a superstar from beating Pac he doesnt have the back story.It would just be Trevor Berbick beating Muhammad Ali in his last fight all over again.
            More about the excitement factor I think. Pac was a made for tv fighter. All action, fast, and power in both hands. Wasn't quite the same after Margarito but prior to that he was about as entertaining as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Fields View Post
              I dont think Crawford would become a superstar from beating Pac he doesnt have the back story.It would just be Trevor Berbick beating Muhammad Ali in his last fight all over again. Bradley already had two chances. Much rather see Kahn sink or swim
              You best believe HBO would make him one.

Media training, the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
                He thinks that if he puts out a good showing against a young and live opponent then he can force Mayweather back out of retirement for a rematch.

As things stand he knows that he has no leverage. If he were to go straight to a rematch Mayweather would kill him in negotiations. He needs to prove that his so called shoulder injury is a thing of the past and generate some interest again.

It's a matter of pride I think. He doesn't wana go out on a whimper and I imagine it is extremely difficult to resist the temptation of a rematch against an arch nemesis who bested you in that kind of fashion.

Revenge is a good motivator.

Comment

I hope Manny chooses Crawford for his next bout! I don't think anything will be different in a Bradley bout. Marquez would be the best way to retire, but if Marquez doesn't KO Manny, he knows he won't get the decision, unless the fight is in Mexico. I feel sorry for Khan, but you can't survive a fight with Algieri and then expect Manny or Floyd.

Comment

Poor TC, he could offer his purse 2 Pac & still Pac avoids him like death...

Comment

Working...
                    X