No announcement yet.

Is pacman's reputation deserved?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is pacman's reputation deserved?

All i keep hearing from fellow boxing fans is that manny pacqiaou is the best pound for pound fighter on the planet. He got outclassed by erik morales and really hasnt fought anyone in their prime. Oscar delahoya was past it when pacman dismantled him, marquez i think won the first fight, joshua clottey didnt throw a punch. The only fight i can say i was blown away by was the margarito fight. But my question is to all you guys is whos record is more legendary....

Pacman W53 D2 L3

Mayweather W41 D0 L0

Take into account of when Mayweather fought Oscar and when Pacman did. How dominant did mayweather look against Marquez, Did manny do a good a job. Also, i thought that the mosley vs mayweather fight was better to watch than pacman and mosley. Floyd wins and looks good.

Maywithe the bests in the word. piriod

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
        All i keep hearing from fellow boxing fans is that manny pacqiaou is the best pound for pound fighter on the planet. He got outclassed by erik morales and really hasnt fought anyone in their prime. Oscar delahoya was past it when pacman dismantled him, marquez i think won the first fight, joshua clottey didnt throw a punch. The only fight i can say i was blown away by was the margarito fight. But my question is to all you guys is whos record is more legendary....

Pacman W53 D2 L3

Mayweather W41 D0 L0

Take into account of when Mayweather fought Oscar and when Pacman did. How dominant did mayweather look against Marquez, Did manny do a good a job. Also, i thought that the mosley vs mayweather fight was better to watch than pacman and mosley. Floyd wins and looks good.
        I haven't done this in a while, so...

The big deal about the Oscar fight is that Oscar tried to cherry pick a lightweight, and very few thought Pac would kill Oscar like that.

Joshua Clottey threw nearly the same amount of punches that Mosley did against Mayweather.

Barrera and Morales are better fighters than anyone Floyd has ever fought. Marquez might be as well. Don't even compare the Marquez Floyd fought to the one Pacquiao fought in the first two fights and then try and bash the Oscar Pacquiao fought compared to the one Floyd fought.

Marquez has a case for winning both fights, but Pacquiao has just as much a case.

Pacquiao, even with his recent run of crap fights, can easily be called the p4p #1 fighter in the world and has an inarguably better career than Mayweather.

Comment

whos more legendary?

Mayweather 41-0

or

Muhammad Ali 56-5

u tell me TS

Comment

Why are *****'s and *******s so damn dumb,ya'll don't like boxing ya'll dont support the sport. All ya'll do is hate 24/7

Comment

All i said was that everyone is saying that pacman is better than floyd. So are you relling me that barrera at the time of the pacman fight was better than arturo gatti? Mayweather destroyed gatti who was a fast brawler who through combinations as good as pacman. Also, do you think that mayweather will allow manny to dominate him like oscar or margarito? Mayweather is the cleverest fighter in boxing and can adapt like her did against judah in his prime. How can you not compare the marquez of now to the marquez when he boxed pacman. He is still good enough to get a fight with manny! I am not doubting that he is brilliant but he is not as good as mayweather. Boxing is scoring punches and not getting hit. Nobody has troubled mayweather, so why should manny be any different. Mayweather has sdet the stool out, take the test and we become very rich.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I haven't done this in a while, so...

The big deal about the Oscar fight is that Oscar tried to cherry pick a lightweight, and very few thought Pac would kill Oscar like that.

Joshua Clottey threw nearly the same amount of punches that Mosley did against Mayweather.

Barrera and Morales are better fighters than anyone Floyd has ever fought. Marquez might be as well. Don't even compare the Marquez Floyd fought to the one Pacquiao fought in the first two fights and then try and bash the Oscar Pacquiao fought compared to the one Floyd fought.

Marquez has a case for winning both fights, but Pacquiao has just as much a case.

Pacquiao, even with his recent run of crap fights, can easily be called the p4p #1 fighter in the world and has an inarguably better career than Mayweather.
                Barrera and Morrales were great fighters but once again EM beat manny with a jab and movement basically when manny was one handed. Diego Corrales, Ricky Hatton and Castillio are on the same level as Barrera and Morrales. I truly believe Marquez is clearly right next to them.

I remember people claming Mayweather wouldnt fight Baldomir the true welterweight champion and that Hatton was the true champ at 140. Once he beat both of those guys. They became bums in the eyes of HBO broadcaters and here on BS. But when Manny beat those same guys he was legendary. Please be unbiased because if we are being honest how did Manny get past the 140 class and not fight Bradley, Khan, Petersen, Alexander, Juan Diaz, Nate Campbell, Kindall Holt or numerous others. Does David Diaz and a once beaten Ricky Hatton sell you on Mannys accomplishments. I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by EMACULATE View Post
                  Barrera and Morrales were great fighters but once again EM beat manny with a jab and movement basically when manny was one handed. Diego Corrales, Ricky Hatton and Castillio are on the same level as Barrera and Morrales. I truly believe Marquez is clearly right next to them.

I remember people claming Mayweather wouldnt fight Baldomir the true welterweight champion and that Hatton was the true champ at 140. Once he beat both of those guys. They became bums in the eyes of HBO broadcaters and here on BS. But when Manny beat those same guys he was legendary. Please be unbiased because if we are being honest how did Manny get past the 140 class and not fight Bradley, Khan, Petersen, Alexander, Juan Diaz, Nate Campbell, Kindall Holt or numerous others. Does David Diaz and a once beaten Ricky Hatton sell you on Mannys accomplishments. I think not.
                  Exactly. I think Pacquiao is legendary in the lower weight classes, but his accomplishments above lightweight are pretty unimpressive. A damaged Cotto is the only real accomplishment at welterweight he has.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post

Pacman W53 D2 L3

Mayweather W41 D0 L0

Floyd cant even be compared to Pac, because FLoyd dont fight.
                    No one is saying the Pac that lost to Morales was the best. But he has done a hell of a lot since then and has come along way since then. But losing to Morales is no disgrace considering how great Morales actually is on his day. Look at morales against Maidana to see what Morales can do on his best day.
                    Clottey not being able to throw a punch against Pac cannot be used to downgrade Pac, on the contrary, that is an indicator of how great Pac is.

Comment

Working...
                    X